PDA

View Full Version : OT - funny cycling related get out the vote vid from Obama campaign

Ray
10-28-2008, 05:29 PM
OK, if EVER there's an opportunity to mix cycling and politics in a way that shouldn't offend anyone here (apologies in advance if I'm wrong, but really?), I just saw this 30 second ad to Obama supporters reminding us not to think the race is over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xnk9aqih8o&eurl=http://dailydish.typepad.com/

-Ray

BumbleBeeDave
10-28-2008, 05:39 PM
. . . but I kinda like THIS ONE better! :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBD

http://www.maniacworld.com/Obama-McCain-palin-dance-off.html

Ray
10-28-2008, 05:44 PM
. . . but I kinda like THIS ONE better! :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBD

http://www.maniacworld.com/Obama-McCain-palin-dance-off.html
That's pretty funny. Did you notice how when McCain talks at the beginning of his routine, he sounds JUST like Dr. Evil from the Austin Powers movies?

-Ray

BumbleBeeDave
10-28-2008, 05:47 PM
. . . with how believable the whole thing looks. Someone with some skill spent some major time sampling a bunch of other videos and getting it all to work with perspectives, lighting, their facial expressions, etc. It wouldn't be nearly so funny if it didn't all look so legit.

BBD

acorn_user
10-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Someone put a lot into that. The voices were pretty good too. Anyway, I'm going to pass that on :)

Tobias
10-28-2008, 08:23 PM
OK, if EVER there's an opportunity to mix cycling and politics in a way that shouldn't offend anyone The man is like 10 points ahead and no time left on clock -- he'd have to fall on his face like the cyclist to blow it. I guess it's always possible for Biden to take his front wheel out. ;)

Ray
10-28-2008, 11:56 PM
The man is like 10 points ahead and no time left on clock -- he'd have to fall on his face like the cyclist to blow it. I guess it's always possible for Biden to take his front wheel out. ;)
They had to know Biden was gonna bite 'em in the ass at some point. Holding his tongue has never been his strong point. And he did! I think they're just concerned that their biggest enemy is complacency, particularly given how important their ground organization is and always has been to the campaign. If too many people think its in the bag and don't go vote, it could be a very long election night. If they all DO vote, its probably a pretty good size win. And in politics, unlike in sports, a squeaker isn't as good as a blowout in terms of your ability to govern after the fact.

Regardless, I figured it was just too cycling specific not to put up a link to.

-Ray

Climb01742
10-29-2008, 03:16 AM
ray, i don't know about you but the last week or two, it's been hard riding with all my fingers and toes crossed. for EVERYONE'S sake, next tuesday can't come soon enough. thanks for the video. made me laugh...nervously. :beer:

William
10-29-2008, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the laugh guys! :D

William

RPS
10-29-2008, 06:23 AM
If too many people think its in the bag and don't go vote, it could be a very long election night. If they all DO vote, its probably a pretty good size win. And in politics, unlike in sports, a squeaker isn't as good as a blowout in terms of your ability to govern after the fact.According to Charles Gibson's report, Obama voters are far outpacing McCain in early voting; so staying at home shouldn't be as big a concern. Gibson also mentioned the real possibility that Dems will have total control of government which hasn't happened in a very long time.

As to squeakers in sport; apparently you've been too busy to know the effects of victory margin on BCS rankings. :rolleyes:

Ray
10-29-2008, 06:41 AM
According to Charles Gibson's report, Obama voters are far outpacing McCain in early voting; so staying at home shouldn't be as big a concern. Gibson also mentioned the real possibility that Dems will have total control of government which hasn't happened in a very long time.

As to squeakers in sport; apparently you've been too busy to know the effects of victory margin on BCS rankings. :rolleyes:
Good point about the BCS rankings. I'm not much of a college football fan because the "judges" too often make it about as objective as judging gymnastics or diving. The theoretical national champion is just as theoretical as ever.

I suspect Dems will have something approaching "total control" but without a fillibuster proof majority in the Senate. I think Obama's in a better position relative to driving the agenda with congress if he wins big, rather than having to be more reactive to congress if he wins barely. But we'll see. Although I expect he'll win, I won't be shocked if he doesn't. Somewhat surprised to be sure. Upset and pissed - oh hell yeah. But far from shocked.

-Ray

Bill Bove
10-29-2008, 08:15 AM
The man is like 10 points ahead and no time left on clock -- he'd have to fall on his face like the cyclist to blow it. I guess it's always possible for Biden to take his front wheel out. ;)

Think back to the 1972 Olympic basketball gold medal game. The officials kept putting time on the clock untill it finally ran out with the Russians in the lead.

It could happen again...

Climb01742
10-29-2008, 08:27 AM
bill, or enough pesky minorities and college kids could be disenfranchised. beyond that, hope your vote get counted down there in the sunshine state, bill. :beer: