PDA

View Full Version : CB quattro pedals question

d_douglas
10-27-2008, 03:41 PM
I have the chance to try out a pair of Quattros for cheap - try something other than my Ultegra ones.

The seller says they have a NIB set of cleats and the pedals are in great shape - do I require any other gadgets/adaptors that will allow me to use these pedals with my Sidi plastic soled G4s (3 bolt)? What about the Specialized carbon soled shoes I just bought from fellow forumite?

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=51678&highlight=specialized+shoes

If this requires a $30 adaptor or other crap like that, it may not be worth the expense...

Thanks for any replies,

Darren

xjoex
10-27-2008, 04:01 PM
They have made multiple cleats for the road pedals. They make 2 and 3 bolt cleats and adapters. If you need any adapter that CB makes, Crank Brothers will send you them for free. I have had nothing but amazing experience dealing with them.

-Joe

bruin11
10-27-2008, 07:17 PM
I have the chance to try out a pair of Quattros for cheap - try something other than my Ultegra ones.

The seller says they have a NIB set of cleats and the pedals are in great shape - do I require any other gadgets/adaptors that will allow me to use these pedals with my Sidi plastic soled G4s (3 bolt)? What about the Specialized carbon soled shoes I just bought from fellow forumite?

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=51678&highlight=specialized+shoes

If this requires a $30 adaptor or other crap like that, it may not be worth the expense...

Thanks for any replies,

Darren

My Quattro pedals came with the 3 hole road shoe adapter cleats. They also make a two hole adapter cleat for road shoes. I am also able to ride those pedals wearing my mountain bike shoes with the two hole spd like cleat. Very versatile pedal.

bigbill
10-27-2008, 07:49 PM

Thanks for any replies,

Darren

I have those same shoes with quattro pedals. All you need is the two bolt cleat with an insert plate for the shoe. The quattro cleats are excellent. I have had the same set on my road shoes for three + years. I also have a new pair of northwaves that will get the three bolt version. I got the three bolt cleats from biketiresdirect.

mwaldhopkins
10-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi- I ran Quattros on my road bikes and wound up bending all 4 spindles on them. While I am a gear masher, I only weigh 170lbs, so this shouldn't have happened. I've actually replaced these pedals with the Eggbeater SLs (yes, on the road) and haven't had any issues.

Mark

mvanhorn
10-29-2008, 04:59 AM
I've been riding on Quattros for about two-and-a-half years with Specialized carbon pro shoes (3-bolt). I love riding with them and have had no trouble with them at all (210 lbs). I ordered something from Crank Brothers once and got very good and fast service.

Mark

ergott
10-29-2008, 05:54 AM
I have eggbeater sl as well and like them. The one issue is that they have relatively long spindles and increase the Q on you. My road pedals (Record) keep my feet further inboard.