PDA

View Full Version : Harlequin color?

KMA
11-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Serotta has a harlequin tint for their carbon. I know it changes color slightly with light, but it's hard to tell what it looks like in pictures. Is it more of a green, blue, or copper? Does the harlequin come in different shades or color schemes? Thanks!

dirtdigger88
11-10-2004, 11:22 AM
There are two colors- too me one looks more green- purple and one looks more copper. Look through the Image Galleries- there are some great pix in there.

Jason

malcolm
11-10-2004, 01:35 PM
I have a copper harlequin ottrott. It ranges from copper (like a new penny) to purple at the extremes of angles with a sorta lime green goldish thing happening inbetween. Most people really like it, I'm still not sure. I've not seen regular harlequin in person.

ericmurphy
11-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Here's some pics of my Harlequin (not copper Harlequin) Legend:

http://planet-deepblu.com/~eric/bike/FirstRealPics1.html

Michael Katz
11-10-2004, 10:18 PM
There are pictures of my copper harlequin tint Ottrott in the image gallery. They were taken after the sun had receded below the roof line of my neighbor's house and therefore do not show the brilliance, richness and depth of gloss that the tubes have in the sunlight. However, they do show the spectrum of colors from purple to gold. The shifting hues and colors combined with the depth of the gloss and set off by the naked polished ti make for a stunning appearance. There are also pictures of the regular harlequin tint in the image gallery. It goes from blue to purple.

RABikes2
11-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Those are some beautiful bikes. Thanks for sharing the photos. :)

Todd Owen
11-11-2004, 11:51 AM
I own a legend Ti with the original color and it looks copper brown at times , purple,and a awesome blue. I refer to it as gun metal blue. When you look at the frame from the side with less light it looks a deep purple. A wonderful color and one of my favs.

SPOKE
11-12-2004, 08:53 PM
my Ottrott ST is sprayed with the "Rainforest Harlequin" color. mostly a rich green color but shifts to a hint of gold/purple/lavender. hard to describe but really looks great in the sunlight while letting the carbon pattern show thru nicely.

Kane
11-13-2004, 10:34 AM
That's ah nice. Very, very beautiful.

Cheers,

Kane

Kevan
11-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Spoke's bike. That green was dreamy. As I recall you mentioning Serotta discontinued offering the color, no? :confused:

SPOKE
11-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Kevan,
as far as i know Rainforest Harlequin was only offered for the 2002 model year. i make a special request to get the color. i think my Ottrott ST and Kelly Bedford's Ottrott were the only two bikes sprayed with this color. the color is .........organic......but more in tune with mother earth's richer colors. reminds me of the green color displayed by rainbow trout.
cheers!

ericmurphy
11-14-2004, 11:30 PM
That's ah nice. Very, very beautiful.

Cheers,

Kane

Thanks. I still think it's the prettiest bike I've ever seen.

SPOKE
11-17-2004, 05:21 AM
Kane/EricMurphey,
thanks for the compliment.
cheers......