PDA

View Full Version : 02 or f2

don compton
11-09-2004, 06:07 PM
i have a c-111, an outstanding bike. can anyone tell me the differences in riding and handling qualities between the serotta 02 and f2 forks?
sincerely,don compton

dirtdigger88
11-09-2004, 07:17 PM
realisticly- probably no

Jason

Smiley
11-09-2004, 07:21 PM
I bet the average mortal here could not either . I'll play it safe if I have a big rider to fit , I'll err on the side of caution and go F2 with no regrets .

FlaRider
11-10-2004, 08:44 AM
I spoke to James at Serotta a couple of days ago and he said they will shortly introduce a new fork, the F3. I have no idea how it will differ from the F2, although James said the F3 will cost the same as the F2. Anyone else have the scoop on the F3?

dirtdigger88
11-10-2004, 08:46 AM
The F3 is 1 better :banana:

Jason

Ozz
11-10-2004, 11:00 AM
The F3 is 1 better :banana:

Jason

Nigel Tufnel : The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Marty DiBergi : Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel : Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi : Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel : [Pause] These go to eleven.

:beer:

Dr. Doofus
11-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Stonehenge, where the demons dwell
Where the banshees live and they do live well
Stonehenge
Where a man is a man and the children dance to
the pipes of pan
Stonehenge
Tis a magic place where the moon doth rise
With a dragon's face
Stonehenge
Where the virgins lie
And the prayer of devils fill the midnight sky
And you my love, won't you take my hand
We'll go back in time to that mystic land
Where the dew drops cry and the cats meow
I will take you there
I will show you how

and oh how they danced...the little children of stonehenge...who were they...what were they doing?

(cue dancing dwarf...oh yeah its bike related...on a fierte)

Dr. Doofus
11-10-2004, 11:08 AM
"no..no...no...its supposed to say *Spinal Tap* and Puppet Show"

sam.g
11-10-2004, 11:30 AM
I happened to have seen the upcoming F3 fork this past weekend at Oakley Cyclery in Cincinnati while Ben Serotta was in town for a Davis Phinney Foundation event and dinner. Ben also brought along the new Nove frame for view. The F3 though painted, appeared to be a more aero verision of the current F2 with wider blades.

While at Oakley I picked up the set of extra elastomer straps and bushings for my Hors Catagorie which had been on order for some time. This presented a good opportunity to question Ben about the discontinuing of the DKS system and the likelyhood of re-introduction. Ben stated that sourcing the elastomer straps and machining the fittings to attach these straps in small quantities were the primary reason for the discontinuation of the DKS frame option. As many have voiced before, it was an economic decision.

Sam G

FlaRider
11-10-2004, 11:34 AM
SamG

What were your visual impressions on the Nove?

Thanks.

mavic1010
11-10-2004, 11:57 AM
I wonder if the f3 is looks like the reynolds peloton fork but wound up differently?? Too bad it doesn't look more like the f1...

Serotta_James
11-10-2004, 12:25 PM
It actually does closely resemble the look of the F1.

dirtdigger88
11-10-2004, 12:27 PM
James, is it one better though? :confused:

Jason

Ahneida Ride
11-10-2004, 01:15 PM
James

The F1 was a beast. I happened to bump into the guy who made em.
He claimed that the F1 was built to pass Steel fork standards.
I believe he still has a few "goodies" in his basement.

Will the F3 be as indestructable as the F1 ? Love the F1. For us
clydesdales , the F1 was perfect.

Bring back the DKS ! and the F1.

sam.g
11-10-2004, 02:03 PM
FlaRider

Although I did get a chance to see the Nove, I wasn't able to take a spin. Visually you'd be hard pressed to distinguish it from the Ottrott at a distance. I was infomed that the carbon tubes are a different grade than those used in the Ottrott and noted that it has the non-pivotted CS carbon stays as opposed to the pivoted ST stays. It should be priced somewhere between the Legend and the Ottrott.

Sam