PDA

View Full Version : Why was this thread closed with no information?

WickedWheels
10-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Am I missing something?

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=51742

Blue Jays
10-22-2008, 10:20 PM
It must have offended someone somewhere.

Lifelover
10-22-2008, 10:54 PM
It's clearly a conspiracy being perpetrated by "the man".

Rage against the machine!

Lance Armstrong
10-22-2008, 11:48 PM
I came here to read about me or at least bikes....that thread was neither....THANKS for closing. LA

William
10-23-2008, 03:57 AM
I came here to read about me or at least bikes....that thread was neither....THANKS for closing. LA

"Enough about me. Let's talk about you. So, what do you think of me?"

William ;) :D

soulspinner
10-23-2008, 04:53 AM
"Enough about me. Let's talk about you. So, what do you think of me?"

William ;) :D

:p

girlie
10-23-2008, 05:29 AM
Am I missing something?

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=51742

Because it is the equivalent of yelling fire in a theater.
Grant it, it maybe fun to watch all the people run out of the theater - but even in the real world that one is off limits and not protected by free speech.

girlie

Pete Serotta
10-23-2008, 05:56 AM
I owe you some RED,,,,Thanks. PETE

Grant it, it maybe fun to watch all the people run out of the theater - but even in the real world that one is off limits and not protected by free speech.

girlie

bronk
10-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Am I missing something?

Yes you are.

Fixed
10-23-2008, 07:07 AM
imho
cheers

ti_boi
10-23-2008, 08:04 AM

girlie

"Granted".....................see you learned something today~

(sorry it is the teacher in me) :)

johnnymossville
10-23-2008, 08:13 AM
I read it, but wouldn't touch it with an old broken zefal frame pump.

Tobias
10-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Right vs. wrong; or one person’s inspiration is another one’s delusion…….

I don’t get the constant need (including my own :rolleyes: ) to change others’ minds when it obviously doesn’t work. As Dr. Phil says, people do what works………but this doesn’t. :confused:

We become more entrenched, less receptive – can't be a good thing IMO.

girlie
10-23-2008, 08:24 AM
"Granted".....................see you learned something today~

(sorry it is the teacher in me) :)

I do that **** all the time..... :D
I don't mind being schooled.
girlie

Volant
10-23-2008, 08:29 AM
I don’t get the constant need (including my own :rolleyes: ) to change others’ minds when it obviously doesn’t work.

Amen!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

But if we didn't do that, we'd all actually be happier and have the time we say we never have to actually get out and ride!

ti_boi
10-23-2008, 08:40 AM
I do that **** all the time..... :D
I don't mind being schooled.
girlie

(((( :) ))))

csm
10-23-2008, 09:16 AM
hey, fixed is back.

TMB
10-23-2008, 09:16 AM
I posted that link yesterday because, to be frank, it is one of the weirdest things I have ever seen around any political campaign.

Downright strange.

And, yes, I am old enough and cynical enough about politics to believe in the basest instincts of those running for any office.

I frankly don't care how you all vote, but you have to admit, that was one strange piece of video.

That said, I'm out.

csm
10-23-2008, 09:17 AM
this election can not get here fast enough. I am tired of the bickering. that said, I wonder if we'll know the winner by December?

TAW
10-23-2008, 10:04 AM

What a forum! Lance Armstrong!!! Wow!!!
Great comment, too! :D

RPS
10-23-2008, 11:24 AM
...snipped..... but you have to admit, that was one strange piece of video.

That said, I'm out.Reminds me of the old Coke commercials with the theme “I’d Like To Buy the World A Coke”

I’m not into marketing, but I think the idea is more or less to benefit through association with a pleasant occurrence and/or experience. The commercial didn’t say much positive about Coke directly, but was loaded with happiness and smiling faces. Must work -- for a while anyway.

Perhaps one of the marketing types on the forum can explain why it works without turning it into a political debate. :)

BumbleBeeDave
10-23-2008, 01:32 PM
. . . . After all the political bickering on this forum over the past months and all the problems it has caused, the OP should have realized something like this would not last long. I would have locked it immediately, too, if I had seen it first.

I suggest that all political threads be deleted immediately from now until the election in the interest of keeping things sane here.

BBD

Onno
10-23-2008, 01:36 PM
. . . . After all the political bickering on this forum over the past months and all the problems it has caused, the OP should have realized something like this would not last long. I would have locked it immediately, too, if I had seen it first.

I suggest that all political threads be deleted immediately from now until the election in the interest of keeping things sane here.

BBD

But then how will I be able to make up my mind whom to vote for??? :D

BumbleBeeDave
10-23-2008, 01:51 PM
But then how will I be able to make up my mind whom to vote for??? :D

. . . I made up my mind long ago to vote for Fixed as a write in! :banana:

Uh, cheers, as the candidate says! :beer:

BBD

Blue Jays
10-23-2008, 03:28 PM
"...I suggest that all political threads be deleted immediately from now until the election in the interest of keeping things sane here..."Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
After the silly election they should be stored away from bicycle content pages in a general "Off-Topic" subfolder.

fiamme red
10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
After the silly election they should be stored away from bicycle content pages in a general "Off-Topic" subfolder.Yes, let's get back to serious bicycle content, e.g., Campy vs. Shimano; Tubulars vs. Clinchers; Rollers vs. Trainers; Carbon vs. Steel; 700x23c vs. 700x25c. :argue:

Pete Serotta
10-23-2008, 03:42 PM
How about Malbec vs Zin or Bass vs Sierra Nevada....(I assure all that I am not a alcoholic but am a cycleholic :bike: )

We are waiting for BB Dave report on new Heritage with Campy electric :bike:

Yes, let's get back to serious bicycle content, e.g., Campy vs. Shimano; Tubulars vs. Clinchers; Rollers vs. Trainers; Carbon vs. Steel; 700x23c vs. 700x25c. :argue:

Ti Designs
10-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Yes, let's get back to serious bicycle content, e.g., Campy vs. Shimano; Tubulars vs. Clinchers; Rollers vs. Trainers; Carbon vs. Steel; 700x23c vs. 700x25c. :argue:

Or cycling content...

cadence90
10-23-2008, 03:50 PM
hey, fixed is back.
And just exactly who else did you think registered as "Lance Armstrong"? :)

Welcome back, fixed.

Yet ANOTHER thread about a closed thread. :rolleyes:
Kind of mind boggling, really, considering the constant complaints re: OT threads.

I think threads about closed threads by rule should be titled with the preface "OT about OT about OT".

BumbleBeeDave
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM
We are waiting for BB Dave report on new Heritage with Campy electric :bike:

I believe FedEx must have lost that box, since I have no such new bike! :p

If Ben wants to make one available this Saturday, though, for an official test ride I'd be glad to give it a try and report--seriously. I can take a stock 56cm with a 100 or 110 stem . . . Hint, hint!

BTW, Pete, check your regular e-mail. I sent you a progress report!

BBD

Blue Jays
10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
"...Let's get back to bicycle content..."Agreed!