PDA

View Full Version : Good source for rims/wheels???

William
11-09-2004, 06:31 AM
What/where is a good source for quality rims/wheels that you have had good luck with (pricing & service)? I've looked over Nashbars offerings, but they only had one tubbie rim (Campy Omega) offering. I've got a few hubs that I want to build up and I'm leaning towards tubs.

Thanks!

William :)

CPP
11-09-2004, 06:43 AM
Hello William,
I have a brand new 32 hole Gel 280 and brand new 32 hole GL 330 tubular rim that I want to get rid of. Private message me if you are interested.
CPP

bostondrunk
11-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Willie,

Some free advice:
1. Always lots of NOS tubie rims on ebay for good price.

2. rec.bicycles.marketplace newsgroup. Do a search, there are often people/dealers getting rid of NOS tubie rims.

However, Nashabr does have sweet deals (about $25) on Mavic Mach2 rims, and Campy tubie rims, both great. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better deal than that on really good rims.
Sweeeeeeeeeet deal, especially with the 10% coupons always available, and properly built, 28 hole is good enough for anyone:

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=113&subcategory=1128&brand=&sku=12747&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

William
11-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Free advice? From BD? ;)

Thanks my man. :cool:

I have some 36H hubs in my closet that would be good to build something like that up on.

William (the soon to be tubie riding, wheel building fool).

dbrk
11-09-2004, 10:41 PM
If you are not in a hurry then renaissance-cycles.com or on eBay the same (or close) or bananabrain. This is Baron and Cecilia Corpuz who have a shop in Eindhoven, Holland, a heck of a nice guy, honest as the winter day is short (entirely honest, I just couldn't talk about long days nowadays...). He has some SSc rims, some 32h, some 28h. But if you scout around bike shops you'll find GP4, GL330, and others for a song. Only the hardcores ride sew-ups unless you are a pro and someone else does all your work for you.

no longer hardcore when it comes to sew-ups,

dbrk

William
11-10-2004, 05:49 AM
Thanks dbrk! :cool:
I'm not in a real hurry. I do need to find/make a front wheel for my fixie project soon, but for the other hubs I can take my time.

William :)