PDA

View Full Version : S.F Forumite Help!

SamIAm
10-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Are there any forum members in the San Francisco area that might have an extra bike that I could use for a few days. My wife and I came out for a cycling tour of Napa valley and FedEx lost our bikes. Plan B is to go buy the cheapest bike possible and donate it to charity at the end of the trip, but I thought I would go this route first.

If you can help, shoot me a PM.

Thanks.

sbornia
10-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Sent you a PM.

At least one shop near me (Solano Ave. Cycles) rents bikes, so that's another option.

SamIAm
10-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Thought I would add that my wife and I would typically ride a 50-53 and 57-60 respectively. But we are flexible.

Thanks again

Pete Serotta
10-17-2008, 03:44 PM
I can vouch for SAMIAM and his wife....Your bikes will come back in excellent shape and maybe with a bottle of red in the bottle holder. They are wonderful folks....PETE

scottcw2
10-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Send me an PM if Palo Alto is close enough

Ahneida Ride
10-17-2008, 04:10 PM
I vouch for Sam too ... Met Sam at the TdFL. Splendid fellow ... ;)

willy in pacifi
10-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Are there any forum members in the San Francisco area that might have an extra bike that I could use for a few days. My wife and I came out for a cycling tour of Napa valley and FedEx lost our bikes. Plan B is to go buy the cheapest bike possible and donate it to charity at the end of the trip, but I thought I would go this route first.

If you can help, shoot me a PM.

Thanks.

I have a great Bilenky tandem that would fit you two if it is not too late.

willy in pacifica
wjjg@juno.com

PoppaWheelie
10-19-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm in SF...PM me. I ride a 60-62...unless that's too tall.

jeffg
10-19-2008, 10:18 PM
PM sent!

avalonracing
10-19-2008, 10:24 PM
It's stuff like this that really makes this forum great. :beer:

SamIAm
10-19-2008, 11:14 PM

Well said and I agree. This forum rocks. I wish I had had more time to arrange something as I have had some great offers. Unfortunately I had to rent some marginal hybrid bikes for the trip. When I see what I might have had, it hurts. Fortunately this trip was more about wine than cycling. On the bright side, I will come away with a much greater appreciation for what I have.

Thanks for the generous offers and if you are ever in Atlanta, you know who to call.

SoCalSteve
10-19-2008, 11:18 PM

+ 1,000,000!!!

Ken Robb
10-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Well said and I agree. This forum rocks. I wish I had had more time to arrange something as I have had some great offers. Unfortunately I had to rent some marginal hybrid bikes for the trip. When I see what I might have had, it hurts. Fortunately this trip was more about wine than cycling. On the bright side, I will come away with a much greater appreciation for what I have.

Thanks for the generous offers and if you are ever in Atlanta, you know who to call.

Oh but what if---------oh the horror---------you find that you LIKE riding upright with a cush under you tush???? What if for the rest of your life you have to decide between looking good and feeling good before every ride?

NOOOOOOOO-NOOOOOOOOOO--- Let us know if we should line up for your garage sale. :)

SamIAm
10-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh but what if---------oh the horror---------you find that you LIKE riding upright with a cush under you tush???? What if for the rest of your life you have to decide between looking good and feeling good before every ride?

NOOOOOOOO-NOOOOOOOOOO--- Let us know if we should line up for your garage sale. :)

Been on my new ride for a couple of days now. Don't get in line just yet for that garage sale. :)

ronlau
10-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I have a few 53-55cm bikes you are most welcome to, in case you haven't gotten two bikes yet.

superunleaded
10-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Sam, when is the event?

I have a bunch of 52's to choose from :)

LMK
-gas

SamIAm
10-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Sam, when is the event?

I have a bunch of 52's to choose from :)

LMK
-gas

It was actually last week so in addition to the bikes, I will need a time machine :)

Seriously, thanks for the offer. This is a good place.