PDA

View Full Version : Heritage vs. Fierte

Ken Robb
10-16-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't know what Fierte frames list for these days since the prices are no longer listed on-line but wouldn't these bikes compete with each other? I guess the option of compact w/carbon stays vs. traditional all-steel frames is a good thing to offer.

Anybody know how they compare?

Pete Serotta
10-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Ken, once the specs come on line, I think we will see that the Fierte is a more upright riding position and is somewhat more costly because of the tubing and fork... I really like the ROAD Heritage and the Cross one - I saw them up at the photo shoot when I was in the area about a month ago. THe online 2009 stuff should be on soon. The original date was the 13th of OCT but they had some enhancements to make. PETE (If you need to know before they come online, I can find out for you. PETE

Ken Robb
10-16-2008, 07:19 PM
the geometry is up now.

Erik.Lazdins
10-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Pete - Thanks for the insight!

I Like this offering - I think it buttresses the product line - a bike for all customers is key in my opinion.

E

Pete Serotta
10-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Ken, I looked at the specs and in the 56-58cm range the top tube is longer than the Fierte - Heritage is definitely a racier geo. To me it looks like it is a race bike, the other is a CROSS bike...

If I was in my 20s the geo would work - but I am not that flexible... (Keno could do it though) After seeing him, I have started PILATES - !!!

HERITAGE vs FIERTE vs HSG

Heritage comes in STEEL or Ti (Straight ti as MOOTs USES) Steel is BUTTED
Fierte Comes in Steel/IT/Carbon (COLORADO CONCEPT TUBING)
HSG comes in CARBON

As to Geometry the STEEL in ROAD and FIERTE differences are

More race/agressive angles and longer TT on Heritage. Fierte is a more upright riding position,

2009 MSRP on Fierte Steel is $2130 or Heritage 1795 for steel.

Hope that helps..Let me know. PETE

Ken Robb
10-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Jeez, how many years ago was it when Ferte Steel frame was $1095? Do the new ones come w/forks?

Pete Serotta
10-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Yes for you it includes a FORK......(with an s bend) for others it includes a new FORK :)

Jeez, how many years ago was it when Ferte Steel frame was $1095? Do the new ones come w/forks?

fierte_poser
10-17-2008, 12:27 PM

My 2006 Fierte Steel was $1095 when purchased in Feb 2006.

I would sell it today for $1795. :D

Ken Robb
10-17-2008, 12:29 PM
and to think I left my $$ in the stock market! :rolleyes:

Ahneida Ride
10-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Jeez, how many years ago was it when Ferte Steel frame was $1095?

In the early 70's a Raleigh International with full Record was less then
600 frn. Similar bike today is 6K frn. Factor of 10 increase.

Grant McLean
10-17-2008, 02:31 PM
In the early 70's a Raleigh International with full Record was less then
600 frn. Similar bike today is 6K frn. Factor of 10 increase.

I like vintage as much as the next guy....

But a $1299.99 cannondale with 105 group is a better bike in every way
than the old raleigh....

-g

fiamme red
10-17-2008, 02:36 PM

than the old raleigh....

-gIn every way? I'd rather have the Raleigh, with its relaxed angles, and plenty of clearance for wide tires and fenders.

Ahneida Ride
10-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Is the Heritage tubing straight guage ? or butted ?

Will the Heritage be offered thru Serotta dealers?

fierte_poser
10-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Is the Heritage tubing straight guage ? or butted ?

Will the Heritage be offered thru Serotta dealers?

Read the sticky at the top or download the pdf specifications from the heritage website. Answers to both questions are in one of those two places!

Grant McLean
10-17-2008, 03:53 PM
In every way? I'd rather have the Raleigh, with its relaxed angles, and plenty of clearance for wide tires and fenders.

great... buy a synapse (which has fender mounts, lots of clearance)

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8RAY5T.html

fiamme red
10-17-2008, 04:05 PM
great... buy a synapse (which has fender mounts, lots of clearance)

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8RAY5T.htmlNo, I'd still much rather have the Raleigh. That Cannondale is ugly.

And I doubt that with that carbon fork, the Synapse will accept a wide tire and a fender. The Raleigh International, on the other hand, had very ample clearance.

Grant McLean
10-17-2008, 04:29 PM
No, I'd still much rather have the Raleigh. That Cannondale is ugly.

And I doubt that with that carbon fork, the Synapse will accept a wide tire and a fender. The Raleigh International, on the other hand, had very ample clearance.

it accepts fenders, and has 57mm reach brakes...

all beside the point.

-g

MarleyMon
10-17-2008, 04:30 PM
And I doubt that with that carbon fork, the Synapse will accept a wide tire and a fender...
My CDale CAAD5 sport road frame w/ slice carbon fork has fenders and 28 paselas on it - I think its very similar to the synapse.
Maybe its not for you, but I think its a great ride!
It compares favorably w/ my Fierte for shorter rides; I like the steel if riding over 40 miles. :) :)

I think the Heritage should have eyelets on the fork for a fender.

Grant McLean
10-17-2008, 04:31 PM
My CDale CAAD5 sport road frame w/ slice carbon fork has fenders and 28 paselas on it - I think its very similar to the synapse.
Maybe its not for you, but I think its a great ride!
It compares favorably w/ my Fierte for shorter rides; I like the steel if riding over 40 miles. :) :)

gets it!!

-g

fierte_poser
10-17-2008, 04:39 PM

than the old raleigh....

-g

Grant,

Ahneida Ride's post did not in any way suggest that the old Raleigh was better than a new Heritage or a new Cannondale. He was merely pointing out that bikes were cheaper in 19xx. Big deal. Its kind of what Ahneida Ride posts about.

And what's up with the 'gets it'? That's cool lingo across the hall...not so much well liked around here. Its just the way it is. I'm not saying I like it that way, but sometimes you just accept the way things are and you don't poke the hornets' nest.

I can't believe I'm about to hit 'Submit Reply'. :crap:

Kent

EDS
10-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Ken, I looked at the specs and in the 56-58cm range the top tube is longer than the Fierte - Heritage is definitely a racier geo. To me it looks like it is a race bike, the other is a CROSS bike...

If I was in my 20s the geo would work - but I am not that flexible... (Keno could do it though) After seeing him, I have started PILATES - !!!

HERITAGE vs FIERTE vs HSG

Heritage comes in STEEL or Ti (Straight ti as MOOTs USES) Steel is BUTTED
Fierte Comes in Steel/IT/Carbon (COLORADO CONCEPT TUBING)
HSG comes in CARBON

As to Geometry the STEEL in ROAD and FIERTE differences are

More race/agressive angles and longer TT on Heritage. Fierte is a more upright riding position,

2009 MSRP on Fierte Steel is $2130 or Heritage 1795 for steel.

Hope that helps..Let me know. PETE

Pete a few questions:

1. No more HSG IT?

2. Does the Ti Heritage use the same tubing as the now defunct HSG Ti?

Pete Serotta
10-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Pete a few questions:

1. No more HSG IT? if you rush to your dealer you can still probably order the it,,,,BUT HURRY!!! - PETE

2. Does the Ti Heritage use the same tubing as the now defunct HSG Ti? Straight gauge like Moots and others,,,some but not all it is dependent on size frame and I am not the expert to know which. sorry. - PETE