PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed - Heritage Collection v. CSI or Atlanta

Liberace
10-16-2008, 04:00 PM
So here's the question, what model(s) is suitable for a rider around 200lbs to 210lbs? I ask because I was bent on getting either a used Atlanta or CSI, but with the news today of the Heritage Collection, I'm torn.

Sean

benb
10-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Are Serotta Warranties transferrable?

The whole decision should be made there if the costs are similar... buy the one with a warranty.

See the thread about the 12 year old bike getting a new fork under warranty and then coming back a second time to have the chainstays replaced.

That's worth something...

Ti Designs
10-16-2008, 04:17 PM
buy the one with a warranty.

Let us know how the warranty rides...

benb
10-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Hehe.. I meant if they all fit and ride similarly and cost a similar amount of course.

You're talking about 3 steel bikes from the same builder if they're all the same size they are likely to ride awfully similar and if they cost about the same the warranty certainly has value.

fiamme red
10-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Hehe.. I meant if they all fit and ride similarly and cost a similar amount of course.The CSI and Atlanta, being used, will certainly be cheaper. Much cheaper, if you buy a complete bike.

Peter P.
10-16-2008, 04:56 PM
I just checked the link to the Heritage Collection frames. I'm disappointed. I've reposted my comments here:

"I guess "Heritage" means pre-Colorado Concept tubes which I considered Serotta's signature. They're not on the Heritage collection.

Only ONE fork rake is offered, yet the text says it was designed with Tour de France tested geometry. I refuse to believe all their Tour designed bikes of the era had the same fork rake. The "one size fits all" fork rake came about with the introduction of carbon forks and Serotta's Tour bikes pre-dated carbon.

Eyelets on the rear dropouts? Why? There are no rack mounts to match to them, and if you would install a rear fender, wouldn't you want a bike with front eyelets, too? Well, this bike has none on the carbon fork.

The only upside to this product I can see is, it appears you can order them direct from the factory.

C'mon Serotta, you can do better than this."

Go with the CSI or Atlanta.