PDA

View Full Version : Any experience of Serotta HSG Ti ?

roadiesean
10-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi all

Newbie here, thinking of purloining an HSG Ti and wanted feedback from those in the know. It looks lovely and appears lively, but what are they really like.

I am after a bike to ride, to race and to sportive on. I currently have a Cannondale System Six - way too stiff and short to be compfy on, but great in a sprint, I have a Colnago Master Olympic which I rate as the best all round bike I have ever ridden, it replaces a Colnago Tecnos which always felt a little "light" for me - I am 90kg and more sprinter than climber, and the second best bike I had was a Cannondale CAAD 7, brilliant. Why did they change the geometry ?

So that's me, whats the verdict ? Would the HSG Ti be a good outcome for me ?

Cheers all

Sean

h5gcarb0n
10-15-2008, 02:21 PM
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1078986973/bclid769921165/bctid1118121359
This might help

EDS
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
I have one. Nice and smooth. Raced it, when healthy, for the past two years. It has a short headtube though so you will need to decide if that is something that works for you. My only complaint is that the frame is a little heavy, which may not be an issue for you.

djg
10-17-2008, 11:04 PM
It's a really good solid road frame -- very stable. If you have one that fits, you should be good to go.

As for the post about the weight . . . there are lighter frames, but mine (54 cm) built up to just 17 lbs complete, with pedals, cages, and computer -- nice build (Chorus mostly), but nothing super light and, frankly, the heaviest fork alpha q makes (the CS10 with the steel steerer was free -- I might replace it, but I've been happy enough with it so far). You could take a pound off the bike without getting very creative. I'll take the ride and the handling.

Pete Serotta
10-18-2008, 07:41 AM
for 09 there will only be a HSG carbon so if you know of one locally, grab it fast. It is a nice ride as is the IT model. As to lightness, SEROTTA is builds for many years of durability and some times this does not equate to lightness. There are bikes heavier and a few lighter (frame and fork). The F3 fork, in my biased mind is the best out there. The Apha Q and Reynolds are definitely no slouch. :bike: