PDA

View Full Version : wow, what a difference wheels make

Climb01742
11-08-2004, 08:23 AM
a few months ago, i built up a pegoretti cckmp with ksyriums and really did not like the ride at all. it was buzzy as h*ll. i then stripped the frame and contemplated selling it, but something kept nagging at me to keep it...cut to last week...i built it up again but this time with open pro's. oh my gawd, what a difference. i now dig the ride so much. it's like a completely different frame. it really is amazing how much impact wheels have on a frame's ride. i'm so happy i hung onto the frame...now if only matt barkley hadn't cut off part of the head tube... :banana:

bostondrunk
11-08-2004, 08:56 AM
a few months ago, i built up a pegoretti cckmp with ksyriums and really did not like the ride at all. it was buzzy as h*ll. i then stripped the frame and contemplated selling it, but something kept nagging at me to keep it...cut to last week...i built it up again but this time with open pro's. oh my gawd, what a difference. i now dig the ride so much. it's like a completely different frame. it really is amazing how much impact wheels have on a frame's ride. i'm so happy i hung onto the frame...now if only matt barkley hadn't cut off part of the head tube... :banana:

Well aren't you going to try your tubies with it??!?!

bags27
11-08-2004, 08:57 AM
I had the exact same experience: swopped out Ksyriums for OPs, and, wow, what a difference in ride. They even roll better.

93legendti
11-08-2004, 08:59 AM
What tires are you using? What PSI are they inflated to?

Climb01742
11-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Well aren't you going to try your tubies with it??!?!

BD, i did a lot of riding this weekend, especially sunday when it was 60+ :D ;) :p here, and my tubs (on another frame) got lots o' miles, and based on the early returns and exit polls...the tubs (and the carbon rims they're on) could be pulling a kerry...but more precincts must be heard from before any victory or consession speeches can be given. :confused:

Climb01742
11-08-2004, 09:06 AM
What tires are you using? What PSI are they inflated to?

both Ks and OPs had same tires, vittoria open corsa, and both at 105 psi. tired to make comparo apples to apples. i've has same experience with steel frames, OPs being sweeter riding than Ks. but that's just my 2 cents.

bostondrunk
11-08-2004, 09:09 AM
You guys gotta admit, its kinda funny how when everyone first got Ksyriums a while back, all ya heard was how great they were. Now everyone thinks the ride sucks.....lol
I tried a set, and I thought the hubs were very smooth, but I had some probs mounting tires on one of them, and I got a constant clicking noise from them. Finally sold them. Back on homebuilts. Maybe I'll buy a pair of Dura Ace prebuilts now....hahaha....not

dirtdigger88
11-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Sir Drunk,

I don't really think they (K's) suck as much as I just prefer the ride of a set of OP's. If you want a light SUPER STIFF set of bombproof RACING wheel the K's are the way to go. If I were racing crits I would use nothing but K's.

Jason

weisan
11-08-2004, 09:40 AM
Climb-pal...often times I find myself in that type of exhilarating experience too. Change or try something new and had that wow feeling. But then, of late I am beginning to take a step back and examine how much of that positive feeling comes from our bodily changes as well. If anything, every little changes in our bodies contribute to the overall experience and sometimes we are not cognitive of those little changes. I guess my point is when the stars are aligned and my body feels great, the weather is awesome, I can be on the crappiest bike but yet enjoy heck of a ride. Just a thought.

Redturbo
11-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Hey Climb,
TOLD YA! :beer: :banana: :beer: