PDA

View Full Version : BD Consulting...

bostondrunk
11-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Hey all, BD is now offering free consulting in the classifieds. OK, ok, its not free, but pretty damn near!!! :beer:

dirtdigger88
11-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Consulting for what? I have many issues- I am sure you can help on at least one. :p

Jason

Andreu
11-08-2004, 12:32 PM
on a Peg. Marcello - how should I equip it....Chorus or Record? Or should I rebel and go Shimano?

Secondly (and non-classified related) when should I start training properly again (i.e. hammering it in the big ring and sprinting for every speed restriction and/or village sign)...I am already fed-up of doing over 50 miles in the wee ring and its only the first week of my "rest period".

Thirdly (and even more non-classified related), how do you cope with f**kwits who want to race in the winter in the big ring and then boast at the cafe stop about how they are giving everybody a hard time (when everybody is actually in the wee ring) then in the spring they are crying into their coffee about how everytbody is attacking them on the climbs and they cannot keep up on the flat because they are roasted. Would a simple slap around the chops suffice?

I buy the first two drinks if you can make Barcelona before the weekend.

A :beer:

dirtdigger88
11-08-2004, 12:45 PM
BD,

I looked at the classified section. I quit drinking 4 years ago- so that is no help to me. Yeah, how about some real training advise for some of us week end warriors. Andreu- I like your comment about hammering in the winter. I had a cycling friend that I no longer ride with for that very reason. This guy wants to do 100 mile hilly hammer sessions in January and Febuary but is no where to be found by the middle of the summer. He is always too tired to ride with us once we are in form. :p

Jason

bostondrunk
11-08-2004, 12:54 PM
BD,

I looked at the classified section. I quit drinking 4 years ago- so that is no help to me. Yeah, how about some real training advise for some of us week end warriors. Andreu- I like your comment about hammering in the winter. I had a cycling friend that I no longer ride with for that very reason. This guy wants to do 100 mile hilly hammer sessions in January and Febuary but is no where to be found by the middle of the summer. He is always too tired to ride with us once we are in form. :p

Jason

Ahhhhh, so much advice to give.....yet no dollars have arrived in my paypal account....such is life...

William
11-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Getting advice from the drunk is really quite easy. Money will work, but if you really want to melt away his defenses and get him jabbering, you need to do two things:

1.) Give him some premium Beer. :beer:

2.) Let him pet the Basset Hound. :banana:

Then, your going need to pay me to tell you how to shut him up. ;) :D

William

bostondrunk
11-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Getting advice from the drunk is really quite easy. Money will work, but if you really want to melt away his defenses and get him jabbering, you need to do two things:

1.) Give him some premium Beer. :beer:

2.) Let him pet the Basset Hound. :banana:

Then, your going need to pay me to tell you how to shut him up. ;) :D

William

Yes, I will trade advice for a basset hound, and a baseball bat to take care of that landlord who says I can't have a dog.
Otherwise, cash only please. :D

William
11-08-2004, 04:15 PM
I'll make you a deal BD. Give Jason and Andreu the advice and you can babysit the Basset, I'll deal with the landlord. ;)

William :rolleyes: :D

bostondrunk
11-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I'd still end up gettin the boot from my pad! Where would I drink!??!?! :beer:

Tom
11-09-2004, 05:17 AM
...Where would I drink!??!?!...

Slumped against a wall with a 40 in a bag, snarling at upright church-going families like I do. It's fun.

bostondrunk
11-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Come on people, this is a great deal!!! I want new assos shorts!!! :banana:

dirtdigger88
11-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Slumped against a wall with a 40 in a bag, snarling at upright church-going families like I do. It's fun.

Tom, are you sure you don't live in St. Louis? There is a guy matching your description right by my house.

Jason

Too Tall
11-09-2004, 05:26 PM
I'll give you a 6 of Serotta beer and a broken in pair of Assos and a picture of my Standard Poodle if you can tell me what's clicking on my Ti bike. Honest, it appears aliens have landed and taken up residence INSIDE the Legend.

bostondrunk
11-09-2004, 06:27 PM
I'll give you a 6 of Serotta beer and a broken in pair of Assos and a picture of my Standard Poodle if you can tell me what's clicking on my Ti bike. Honest, it appears aliens have landed and taken up residence INSIDE the Legend.

Deal.

1. spray some armour all on your cleats

2. take your stem off and put some oil between each of the spacers and on the steerer tube, then re-install. Also loosen then re-tighten your bars to the correct torque.

3.Take your crank off, take BB out, clean shell and spindle ends, re-install.

4. Take seat and post apart, clean, re-install properly.

5. Take tires off of wheels. Put a small drop of oil on the inside and outside of each nipple, and where the nipples meet the hub if on Ksyriums.

Done. Your creaks will be gone. Guarandamnteed! :beer:

Far Rider
11-09-2004, 06:45 PM
a compilation:

Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then I
look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of
their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of
work and their dreams would be shattered. I think, "It is better to drink
this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my
liver." .........Babe Ruth
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his
fools. ...........Ernest Hemingway
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
.............Paul Hornung
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
...........H.L. Mencken
When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall
asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let's
all get drunk and go to heaven! ..............George Bernard Shaw
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. ........Benjamin
Franklin
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer.
Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does
not go nearly as well with pizza. .............Dave Barry
BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C. ..........W.C. Fields
Remember "I" before "E", except in Budweiser..........Professor Irwin Corey
To some it's a six-pack, to me it's a "support group." Salvation in a can!
...........Leo Durocher
One night at Cheers, Cliff Clavin explained the "Buffalo Theory" to his
buddy, Norm. "Well ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only
move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the
slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural
selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and
health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the
weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as
fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know,
kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain
cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker
brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine ! That's
why you always feel smarter after a few beers............

dirtdigger88
11-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Deal.

1. spray some armour all on your cleats

2. take your stem off and put some oil between each of the spacers and on the steerer tube, then re-install. Also loosen then re-tighten your bars to the correct torque.

3.Take your crank off, take BB out, clean shell and spindle ends, re-install.

4. Take seat and post apart, clean, re-install properly.

5. Take tires off of wheels. Put a small drop of oil on the inside and outside of each nipple, and where the nipples meet the hub if on Ksyriums.

Done. Your creaks will be gone. Guarandamnteed! :beer:

Let me add- if you have OS tubing and i am sure you do- check where your front derailure attaches to the seat post. Due to the slight taper of the tubes you may get a creak. I did- the boys at Big Shark found it for me.

Jason

Too Tall
11-10-2004, 07:41 AM
And Done. I'll get back to yah.
This is freakin' me out. I put the bike away for a month after race season was done and no need for SRM. Last weekend I finished a rebuild and swapped out the SRMs for some old DA taper cranks. I yanked everything EXCEPT the HS and did not remove the FD clamp. Otherwise it was a total rebuild. Click still there. If I can't fix it this weekend it's back to huffing NO2 and giggling.