PDA

View Full Version : Castelli or Pearl Izumi Leg Warmers

Keith A
01-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Okay now that everyone is having their sales on winter clothing, I want to pick a pair of leg warmers. I can get either the Castelli Hotflex Lite or the Pearl Izumi Therma Fleece™ for the same price.

I have a pair of the PI knee warmers in Therma Fleece™ and they work great except they bunch up a little behind my knee. So does anyone have an opinion of the two? Are they about the same thickness and provide similar amount of warmth? Are either one better at not bunching behind the knees?

BTW, PI leg warmers state that have "Articulated knee enhances the fit."

Thanks in advance.

Kurt
01-09-2004, 05:44 PM
The pearls come up very high and are a thicker material; it might bother some, like me, unless you roll them over. The Cas are micro knees, really small, but they work great. I think they are better suited for mild climates.

Elefantino
01-09-2004, 07:08 PM
It's all about your anatomy, of course, but I echo the Castellis.

Kevin
01-09-2004, 09:20 PM
I concur on the Castellis. They are very comfortable and warm down to about 35-40.

Kevin

kelmeboyAZ
01-10-2004, 11:52 AM
I prefer the Castelli leg warmers to the Pearls - better fit and weight for my anatomy and climate. That said, I much prefer a pair of 3 yo Pearl arm warmers to my Castelli A.W's. Either way they're both great products, probably a toss up. Ihave a cheap pair of Performance L.W.'s that suck.

vaxn8r
01-10-2004, 08:38 PM
You're splitting hairs. They both work fine.

Keith A
01-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanks for everyone's input.