PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Mastik being sold out?

KJMUNC
10-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Did everyone rushing to glue their cross wheels deplete the global supply of Mastik or what?!

I dug into my workbench to find a tube to glue up some new wheels only to find out that the movers crushed my last two tubes and I now have a ziploc baggie full of very hard and completely useless glue! :crap:

Glory Cycles was one of the few still advertising stock, but as soon as I ordered I got the "sorry, we're out of inventory--you'll get it in a week or so" email.

Guess I'll just have to stare longingly at the new wheels until the can arrives.

zmudshark
10-08-2008, 07:54 PM
PBK has Vittoria in stock, Continental is back ordered.

10-08-2008, 08:56 PM
The import channels regularly tend to run out -- happens 2-3 times a year. You can usually find it from various retailers but I always keep an extra stock on hand. The stuff still doesn't like to sit for that long and different seasonal batches always seem to be a little different so I like enough to patch over a period when there isn't any or the current batch is mediocre.

KJMUNC
10-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Glue is on the way and they have a killer deal on some Vittoria Pave EVO CG tubular tires too. Now if they would just get their Campy parts back in stock.....