PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Win a Frame and Raise Funds for Cross Country for Crohns RAAM Team

znfdl
10-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Fellow Forumites:

Win a custom Spectrum Ti Frame, fork, headset with a stock paint job:

Team Cross Country for Crohn’s (www.crosscountrycrohns.com) will be participating in the 2009 Race Across America as a mixed gender team with an average age greater than 50 years old. For more information about the race, please go to www.raceacrossamerica.org. The team’s goal is to raise $100,000 for Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA).

Here is your chance to contribute to Team Cross Country for Crohn’s and possibly win a custom Spectrum Cycles Titanium Frame, fork, headset with a stock paint job designed just for you, by Tom Kellogg. Tom is one of the pioneers of Ti frame building and is one of the premier bicycle designers and fitters and there is nothing quite like a Tom Kellogg bicycle fitting.

For more information about the Spectrum Titanium Bicycles, please go to www.spectrum-cycles.com . Currently, there is a 6 month wait for a new custom frame.

Just 360, $35 tickets will be sold for this Commonwealth of Virginia based raffle. There is no limit on the number of tickets that an individual can purchase. A minimum of 150 tickets need to be sold to award the prize. If 150 tickets are not sold, then all proceeds will be donated directly to CCFA. To purchase a ticket you may use Paypal with the recipient as crosscountrycrohns@gmail.com or send a check to:

Cross Country for Crohn’s
Spectrum Ti
1656 Gelding Lane
Vienna, Va. 22182

If you use Paypal, please include in the subject line of the Paypal message, “Spectrum Ti”, which will allow the team allocate the raffle purchase correctly. In the message part of paypal, please enter your contact information.

Additional information about CCFA:
• Currently, there is no known cure for Crohn’s and Colitis.
• Over the life of the foundation, it has provided more than $127 million for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis research.
• The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation maintain and support a number of professional scientific committees to identify appropriate and effective research projects.
• The Foundation receives more than 250 Crohn's and colitis research grant applications a year and funds more than 100 projects.
• Over 1,000 research grants have been funded by the Foundation
• In 2006, more than 82% of all CCFA contributions were for program services

Please note that raffle tickets are not tax deductible.

Good Luck

Lifelover
10-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Seems like a great cause, but can the cheap skate in me ask a question or make a suggestion?

Is there anyway that a cheaper prize could be awarded in case the 150 Minumum is not met. Even if it was a choice of a cheap stock frame or a GIft Card would be great.

girlie
10-08-2008, 09:10 AM
I'd never heard of Crohn’s until last year. Such a vicious disease.....traveled with a racer who has it. Got the entire scoop on her experience with the disease.
My work colleague has it. She has to take pills 4 times a day...giant blue pills:(
She often has pain or flare ups as she put's it.

BEST of LUCK,
girlie

znfdl
10-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Seems like a great cause, but can the cheap skate in me ask a question or make a suggestion?

Is there anyway that a cheaper prize could be awarded in case the 150 Minumum is not met. Even if it was a choice of a cheap stock frame or a GIft Card would be great.

Lifelover:

Great comment. I will check with my teammates.

Girlie:

For a lack of better term, the disease is "Gut Wrenching". I feel for your friend. My wife's cousin died due to Crohn's complications.