PDA

View Full Version : Barter Trade - A Novelty Idea???

weisan
11-05-2004, 06:00 PM
If you happen to lust after a Serotta and love steel AND you hate or is getting tired of your carbon bike....please read further 'cause I have an interesting proposition for you. ;)

First of all, I must state that this is only for a barter trade, so there should not be any cash exchange....hee..heee.. :)

What's the item for trading?
In order to satisfy my carbon lust, I am willing to pony up my beloved Serotta lugged steel Atlanta (frame only, no fork) in exchange for a 54 cm carbon frame (all brands entertained - must be in good condition).

Since this is a barter trade, both parties must agree that this is a fair and equitable deal. So, it's all in the eyes of the beholder. For all the carbon lovers/haters out there, no flames, please. :p

The object of lust: Any carbon frame 54 cm TT

The object of exchange: 1999 Serotta Atlanta Lugged Steel

Low Miles<500 miles. Beautiful Condition. Specs as follows:

Seat Tube: 52
Top Tube: 52.5
Seat Angle: 73
Head Angle: 71.5
Chainstay: 41
Forkrake: 43
BB Drop: 7

http://www.alicehui.com/serotta/atlanta/1.jpg

Let's see how this one goes.... :D :banana: ;) :p :beer: :bike:

weisan

Sandy
11-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Beautiful frame!! Perhaps the best value ever from Serotta. A great riding fully lugged steel Serotta. It was a real shame when they stopped producing them. Is that a pearl white color? Really very nice.

The big lug,

Sandy

Bruce K
11-05-2004, 07:18 PM
weisan;

Wasn't this the frame you had on eBay a while back that a couple of us were talking about?

If so, then the deal obviously fell through.

I believe there was more than just myself interested in buying the frame. If you don't get any trade takers, let us know.

BK

Climb01742
11-06-2004, 05:30 AM
weisan, you may have started something here. i wonder if, on the classifieds, folks could start offering stuff for barter? could be an interesting option. um...what do i have... :rolleyes:

weisan
11-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Thanks Sandy, you are always putting in a good word for everyone here. I appreciate it.

Bruce, sorry Pal should have let you know first. The eBay buyer got the bike and tried it for a week or so, he said it did not fit him well so I took it back, refunded him the full amount, no question asked, that's my policy. :D
I will be curious to see where this one leads to. Will let everyone know when I put a "For sale - price tag" on it again.

Climb-pal, what you got, buddy...come'on...I know we ride the same size bike...for you I'll make an exception, non-carbon is OK but 54 cm TT. :banana:

Remember this is a barter trade, we are not comparing price tags here...because if you are trapped in that mentality, this would never work. Just listen to your heart's desires, be honest, and most of all enjoy the thrill and fun of exchanging stuff ;)

Sandy
11-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Kevan's wife acquired Kevan (unseen, as you might expect) by the barter system. She traded a new toothbrush for him. She would like to reverse the trade. She will even consider a used toothbrush. :D :D

Sandy

weisan
11-06-2004, 07:47 AM
I have sticked around here long enough to know that no thread is complete until we witness the Sandy-Kevan-love-hate relationship play out in the big screen.

Okay, Sandy you have given your best (AND ONLY) shot...Kevan, it's your turn now. Like Sandy, you are only given one chance, after that, unless you have a 54 carbon frame for trade, please stay out of this, I have a business to run here. :p