PDA

View Full Version : Campy 11 speed has 4 year warranty

Pete Serotta
10-03-2008, 06:58 PM
NEW 11-SPEED DRIVETRAIN: A FOUR-YEAR WARRANTY
Some will ask: 11 speeds, why?
And our answer is: because cyclists are never happy and Campagnolo wants to provide them with unique performance.

With Campagnolo new 11-speed system we worked scrupulously to obtain a result of absolute precision and unprecedented operating efficiency. Increasing performance was our aim and we succeeded fully by reducing the thicknesses, lowering the weight and using extremely advanced materials but we also set ourselves the aim of long-term reliability. The work carried out by our engineers is the best guarantee for us.

Campagnolo is so sure of the reliability of its products that it has given a full four-year warranty to the components of the 11-Speed drivetrain but only if they are part of a complete system: crankset, Ergopower™ controls, front and rear derailleurs, chain and sprocket set.

Erik.Lazdins
10-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Pete,
Have you ridden the new 11?

If so - what are your thoughts?

best,
Erik

Ahneida Ride
10-03-2008, 08:10 PM
for us.

but only if they are part of a complete system: crankset, Ergopower™ controls, front and rear derailleurs, chain and sprocket set.

Complete System ? :(
So much for my much beloved TA Zephyr Crank !
Does it need to be blessed by the Pontiff too ? ;)

Bill Bove
10-04-2008, 05:39 AM
The stuff feels great. New lever shape is the best yet from Vicenza, the force required to effect a shift is greatly reduced but a little more audible. My partner (business, not that there...) has it on his bike and since he only rides 25 miles a week it will be a long time before Ican give a durability report.

Sandy
10-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Pete- Do you have a 4 year warranty? I know that at my age I don't. I am trying to get an extended warranty somehow.... :)

Sandy

MilanoTom
10-04-2008, 08:54 AM
I rode my 2009 Veloce Ultra-shift levers for the first time yesterday. The shape is great. The right side downshift (shifting to larger cogs) seems reduced and it initially didn't feel as positive as the current models, but it became pretty instinctive after a while.

Tom

Dave
10-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Keep in mind that warranty only covers abnormal failure, not normal wear, so don't think you can send them worn out chains and cogs and get free replacements.

Also, to have warranty coverage, any defective part must be returned by an authorized dealer with the orginal sales receipt. It's still very restrictive.

They chances of ever needing warranty service are small. I used it once since 1995, to get an ergo lever repaired, before I learned how easy it was to do myself. It took three months, but that might have been the dealers fault. I bought the groupo mailorder, but it was from a real brick and mortar store in CA. They may have sat on the return.