PDA

View Full Version : Hey Karin Kirk

Smiley
10-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Been awhile since we saw pic's of your lovely gardens. Could u indulge us envious souls who love to see your work. Thanks Smiley

Karin Kirk
10-02-2008, 10:52 AM
It's been a banner year for the gardens. Pleasant weather this summer made for our best year ever.

1st photo is the kitchen garden in August
The other two are from summer, with happy plants

Karin Kirk
10-02-2008, 10:58 AM
This was our most exciting garden event of the year!

Thank goodness I had a tall, clever dude on hand for the construction phase.

The greenhouse has been cranking out tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers way faster than we can eat them. I've been canning like mad to try to keep up.

Now we're wondering how much longer we can grow the heat-loving plants in there this fall. So far it's staying very warm with no added source of heat.

SadieKate
10-02-2008, 11:03 AM
That's disgusting. I want one of those.

The garden that is.

I already got my own tall clever dude (not that yours isn't pretty nice).

Louis
10-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I can't believe you hired a greenhouse framebuilder who uses ALUMINUM.

Those are way to harsh... :p

WadePatton
10-02-2008, 12:39 PM
got a sister?! :confused: ;) :rolleyes: :D

Have plans for something like that in my little hills. Will need assistance.

Congrats on a spectacular garden. Too bad the season is so short. I'm starting some muscadines for next year. Too much trouble picking them as they grow wild in the trees.

When I ever get my traveling shoes back on -- Montana is on the list. But I'm overdue to AZ first. Garro is taking me trout slaying. :cool:

Sandy
10-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Wow. Those gardens are genuinely beautiful and the greenhouse is outstanding. Great photos too.

Suggestion- Take Dave out of the greenhouse. He is tall enough already. Stop watering him. Do you think it possible for Dave to build a bunch of miniature framesets, you plant them, water and fertilize them, and watch them grow into regular size?? Produce lots of Terraplane seeds and corner the frameset market. :rolleyes: :)

Pea Brain Sandy

gomez308
10-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Sorry for Hijacking the thread.

Karin,

Do you guys know Greg Mortenson. He wrote the book "Three Cups of Tea." He lives in Bozeman, also. It's an awesome book about the people of Pakistan and how Mortenson has gone about building schools over there. It is very inspiring. He gets so much done with so little money. As opposed to the Government that gets so little done with so much money.

hansolo758
10-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Karin:

Absolutely beautifully done...and I'm not so naive I don't realize how much work went in to making it so. You have impeccable taste.

I also would like to hear if you know the author of that book.

RABikes2
10-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Karin:

Absolutely beautifully done...and I'm not so naive I don't realize how much work went in to making it so. You have impeccable taste.

+1+1+1+1
Beautiful gardens, Karin. Thanks for sharing; love seeing your work. ;)
Ritaann

Karin Kirk
10-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the lovely comments! :)
Yes, it's a lot of work, but it's a labor of love and is healthy work in every sense. I love it.

I am also inspired by Greg Mortenson's book, but I haven't met him. I've heard him speak on the radio, but I would love to go see him in person. What an incredible story that is!

Pete Serotta
10-02-2008, 06:58 PM
What a beautiful garden... We need to have a wine and cheese party there next summer (HINT HINT) :cool:

maunahaole
10-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Look at the curve on the greenhouse roof. Regardless of material, that structure will plane.

Karin, I have some bougainvilla, hibiscus, red torch ginger, and heleconia waiting here for you.

mikki
10-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Karin, what a green thumb you have!! Is gardening something you grew up learning or an adult passion? I am impressed; it's like walking through some of the gorgeous English countryside gardens.

Thanks for sharing!

jeffg
10-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Amazing!

If I ever get beyond our little garden, I am consulting the expert!

shinomaster
10-03-2008, 01:48 AM
What a show off! That looks better than Versailles.

Karin Kirk
10-03-2008, 07:04 AM
What a show off! That looks better than Versailles.

And just think of what I could accomplish if I had a huge staff of gardeners like they do at Versailles! ;)

Pete: hint taken. We'll have to think about when to host another Bozeman gathering.

Mikki: I caught the gardening bug as an adult, beginning after college when we got our first place. Been running around outside ever since!

Maunahaole: the literature that came with the greenhouse said they tested its wind-resistance by strapping it to a flatbed truck and driving 80 mph. Isn't that a funny image? I wonder if it planed then? Anyway, we are strongly hoping that it never planes, but rather remains firmly attached to the ground.

Pete Serotta
10-03-2008, 07:07 AM
:banana: :banana: YOU are up VERY early!!!

And just think of what I could accomplish if I had a huge staff of gardeners like they do at Versailles! ;)

Pete: hint taken. We'll have to think about when to host another Bozeman gathering.

Karin Kirk
10-03-2008, 07:10 AM
:banana: :banana: YOU are up VERY early!!!

Still got a bit of the Euro jet lag. :rolleyes:

Sandy
10-03-2008, 07:12 AM

Free Dave Kirk framesets would generate a host of gardeners for a weekend at Bozeman. :)

You color coordinate your cycling and personal stylish apparel beautifully. Appears as if you do a similar job in the balance and overall look of your garden....You got talent!

Sandy