PDA

View Full Version : my photo of the day 10/2

paulandmonster
10-01-2008, 10:06 PM
it was well over 100 degrees on the course in philly

paczki
10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
They actually look pretty ok for 100 plus. I'd call it a day!

Jack Brunk
10-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Cool pics. 100 degrees is cool but will you be in Death Valley this weekend for the Furnace Creek 508? It will be over a buck most of the weekend from Death Valley through the Mojave National Perserve through to 29 Palms. I'd love some pics especially on the 22 mile climb from Baker to a **** hole of a place called Kelso. It's usually a buck five to a buck seven on that climb by 10am. It's better than you know what.

girlie
10-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Can't imagine what it must have been like for them to climb the wall in that heat. I was on the sidelines just standing there sweating.
Great shot,
girlie

wrestlr
10-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Cool pics. 100 degrees is cool but will you be in Death Valley this weekend for the Furnace Creek 508? It will be over a buck most of the weekend from Death Valley through the Mojave National Perserve through to 29 Palms. I'd love some pics especially on the 22 mile climb from Baker to a **** hole of a place called Kelso. It's usually a buck five to a buck seven on that climb by 10am. It's better than you know what.

Good luck bro. Expect a nice ride report from you once you recover from it.
-Mike

aLexis
10-02-2008, 08:34 AM
I remember that little break. I was in the feedzone, and Allison (the Colavita rider) came through, yelling coke, coke. So I got to be the hero of the day, handing up a water bottle full of coca cola. Her wristbands say "Dopers Suck".

johnnymossville
10-02-2008, 08:36 AM
I'm gonna promise myself right now. Next year I'm going to Philly!

rounder
10-03-2008, 09:36 PM
I was near the diamondvision about 100 yards from the finish for the women's race. It was a sprint finish from the fountain. A guy (director?) in front of me was yelling in his radio go left! go left! Next thing, you could hear bikes coming together. Then you saw bikes flying and then there were about five girls lying in the road. Four walked away and one had to be carried off. It was a weird sight...first you were psyched because it was a great finish...next thing, you were wondering if everyone was ok.

paulandmonster
10-04-2008, 12:38 AM
i was with vanderkitten and the first thing flavia asked me was if i got a pic. i said no then we started laughing and comparing crash stories. philly is always a great time i recomend it to all. its best to bring your bike so you can go from wall to lemon hill and down to finish.

willy in pacifi
10-07-2008, 01:53 PM

Hey Jack,

I crewed this past weekend for a buddy at the FC 508. We did it as a 2 person relay in 2006. He now has to crew for me for next year. The heat was not too bad this year. On day one it was very cool and foggy to the 26 mile point then it was in the 70's-80's the rest of the day getting down to the low 50's at night. The big story was the massive winds on day one which pushed my buddy to 50 MPH on the flats. My big concern was if the winds would show up on day two as massive headwinds which they DID NOT.

The heat was only in the high 70's and into the 80's but it seemed much hotter as there is no shade anywhere. The long slog out of Baker is probably the worst section for heat since you do not get any speed up for a breeze.

I understand you are shooting for the 2009 race as well. Do you have a totum yet?

willy in pacifica