PDA

View Full Version : Who else agrees with Michael Berry and would love to see this?

jmc22
10-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Radio-free racing
The U23 race was the most interesting of the week. Without radios in their ears the race was wide open and alive.

Unaccustomed to racing without a director relaying tactical guidance, and orders, over the radios in their pockets the riders were left to their own instincts and knowledge. Breakaways that looked like they would make it to the finish were reeled in, riders unknowingly chased down their teammates, gaps were crossed with violent attacks while other riders sat in front of a charging group not knowing they would imminently be absorbed.

The racing was exciting as it wasn’t orchestrated and had depth and emotion. Like digital images have changed photography, radios, have taken the grainy reality out of the peloton

On several levels it is nice to see the humanity and reality return to cycling.

I would, that is for sure!!!!! :banana:

Gat64
10-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Get's my vote!

William
10-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Get's my vote!

Ditto.

William

DarkStar
10-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Me too!

dauwhe
10-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I think each rider should have a cell phone earpiece, and the phone number should be public. For 99 cents a minute, anyone could call up the rider and tell them what to do. THAT would make the races more fun for the fans!

:fight:

Dave

rwsaunders
10-01-2008, 09:16 PM
I think each rider should have a cell phone earpiece, and the phone number should be public. For 99 cents a minute, anyone could call up the rider and tell them what to do. THAT would make the races more fun for the fans!

:fight:

Dave

Just like NASCAR. :cool:

I understand the purpose of the radio, but I don't agree with it. I'm also not a pro sponsor who invests a lot of cash to see a winner....almost at any cost.