PDA

View Full Version : Bud Light salutes real men of genius- Mr. I dropped my wife...

toaster
09-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Bud Light salutes you Mr. I dropped my wife chasing down the local fast guy.

You are a master of romance because you willingly agree to the slow girly ride and promise to maintain an easy pace just to please the most important woman in your life. We see you riding along conversing with your sweetie while in the 53/12 just so you get at least some training while doing 8 mph. Nobody can say you aren't a real stud and when somebody in a racing kit speeds by it is your duty, no, your god-given right to give them a chase. You've earned this interval, by gosh!

And now that the dear missus is back there struggling against that darn headwind and you are a mile up the road, stop, gather your breath and wait patiently like the good hubby you are and later when you get home crack open a nice cold Bud Light because you are, after all, a real man of genius Mr. I dropped my wife chasing down the local fast guy.

Louis
09-25-2008, 07:17 PM
I posted this previously a while back, but it is relevant:

"Once many years ago I was set up with a woman who was a bit of an athlete (but not a terribly fast cyclist). Our first date was about a 35 mile bike ride. The day before I had done about 60 somewhat hilly miles solo so my legs weren't that fresh (and I'm not fast even on a good day) but I was in good enough shape to not have any problems. On the home leg we saw some riders ahead so we picked up the pace a bit, but they soon realized that were chasing them so they too picked up speed. I was pulling and not wanting to be shown up I stood and sprinted to catch up. As I got closer I realized that something didn't seem right - turned out that it was a bunch of little kids on BMX bikes who had been fooling around on some dirt piles by the side of the road. Of course I immediately felt pretty silly, but I felt committed to the chase so I kept going. Since I had much better high-end gears than they I soon zoomed past them (with my date left in the dust).

When we had regrouped I told her "Well, I sure prove my manhood there..." So much for my big sprint victory!"

johnnymossville
09-25-2008, 07:23 PM
oh man I'd be so dead.

Ahneida Ride
09-25-2008, 07:35 PM
This happens a LOT more ofter the you think ...

Guys .... you are such jerks ..... what are you thinking ?

I've run the SAG WAG on certain events and I've heard the
vitriolic fury of being dumped ..

Now.. if you ever think you are going to every again ....

I'll stop there ....

oldfatslow
09-25-2008, 07:56 PM
ride a tandem with my lady friend. No matter how hard I try to drop her, and believe me, I've tried, I've never been able to do it.

girlie
09-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Bud Light salutes you Mr. I dropped my wife chasing down the local fast guy.

You are a master of romance because you willingly agree to the slow girly ride and promise to maintain an easy pace just to please the most important woman in your life. We see you riding along conversing with your sweetie while in the 53/12 just so you get at least some training while doing 8 mph. Nobody can say you aren't a real stud and when somebody in a racing kit speeds by it is your duty, no, your god-given right to give them a chase. You've earned this interval, by gosh!

And now that the dear missus is back there struggling against that darn headwind and you are a mile up the road, stop, gather your breath and wait patiently like the good hubby you are and later when you get home crack open a nice cold Bud Light because you are, after all, a real man of genius Mr. I dropped my wife chasing down the local fast guy.

'girly ride' try I can't embarrass the guy I'm riding with....masculinity it a strange thing. I have to fake it......I hate having to fake it but you do what you have to do for your partner!

I love my girlie rides :)
girlie

johnnymossville
09-25-2008, 08:52 PM
'girly ride' try I can't embarrass the guy I'm riding with....masculinity it a strange thing. I have to fake it......I hate having to fake it but you do what you have to do for your partner!

I love my girlie rides :)
girlie

I really want to know if she's faking. I'll try harder next time. :p

Bruce K
09-25-2008, 08:54 PM
girlie;

Given your cycling credentials, trust me, I wouldn't be embarassed in the least to be dropped by you. :D

I'm just glad that I can at least help you get a decent cycling work out these days. :rolleyes:

BK

girlie
09-25-2008, 08:54 PM
I really want to know if she's faking. I'll try harder next time. :p

Good partner! See you always seem to get it. Which means she ain't faking it :D

Ti Designs
09-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Y'all are riding with the wrong women...

toaster
09-26-2008, 12:22 AM
I'd love to see someone write better copy than mine for the Bud Light salute.

girlie
09-26-2008, 12:25 AM
I'd love to see someone write better copy than mine for the Bud Light salute.

true that, you covered all the bases :D

Karin Kirk
09-26-2008, 03:39 AM
Well done Toaster - a very fitting tribute to the manly men of the world!
Let's just hope it's not a self-portrait! ;)

Ahneida Ride
09-26-2008, 09:16 AM
On a few occasion, I've ridden with my LBS guru's wife.

She is great for the male ego. She let's me pass her at will.

She could drop me like a hot potato if she so desired. ;)

toaster
09-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Well done Toaster - a very fitting tribute to the manly men of the world!
Let's just hope it's not a self-portrait! ;)

I resemble that remark! Actually, many of us have been there and had to resist our instincts. This anecdote is from my experience yesterday on PCH near Malibu.

I was riding back home after riding the trails at Sycamore Canyon on my mountain bike. It's 25 miles one way on the road to the trailhead so I've already got about 45 miles logged as I pass this particular couple. She's on a mountain bike and the husband is on a Trek road bike. I pass and then after another half mile I realize that this guy has chased me and is now on my wheel. I look back again and see that the wife is waaay back there. Of course, he begins a conversation about an upcoming charity ride and appears not out of breath and we chat for about 20 seconds and then he says "have a nice ride" as he begins to accelerate away.

As he goes up the road, I notice how he's pedaling at a cadence of about 70 rpm in a huge gear as his butt is rocking making that huge force to get the pedals over. It's flat with a good headwind and I'm thinking how he can stay at that power level for maybe a minute or two. Sure enough, he begins to slow and then stops at the side of the road. I ask if that was his girlfriend he just dropped, he says, no that was my wife.

mgm777
09-26-2008, 11:12 AM
My brother and I were climbing Left Hand Canyon up to Jamestown one bright Saturday morning when we approached a seemingly gentile couple. The male member of the duo was riding a seemingly brand new, stunning, maroon colored, Ottrot and his wife was on a Litespeed. As I passed abeam the Ottrot rider, I remarked "nice bike". The next thing I realize is that he has matched his pace to ours and has decided to join our conversation. No problem, I am always open to good company and friendly conversation. After about two minutes of friendly chit chat, the 250 lb Ottrot rider, who was already sweating profusely and breathing hard, suddenly decides to sprint ahead of us up the road, dropping his wife in the process. My brother and I exchange glances of bewilderment and simply maintain our conversation and pace. About 5 minutes later, maybe less, we again approach the Ottrot rider. This time he is parked on the side of the road, hunched over his bars, looking like he just heaved his breakfast. As we approach I ask if he's okay. He replied by saying he was fine, but wanted to know if his wife was okay "back there". She was fine about a 1/2 mile back, steady and strong.