PDA

View Full Version : Online Coaching -- Too Tall and other Racers?

FlaRider
11-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Does anyone have any experience with any of the online coaching programs offered by the likes of CTS, Ultrafit.com (Joe Friel's site), and Cycling Peaks? I am training for next spring's crit season down here in Miami, FL and feel I need more structure in my workouts. I have also just purchased a power meter and would like my coach to assist in power-based training.

Any experiences, positive or negative, with any of the above outfits?

Thanks.

Chris
11-02-2004, 10:29 AM
I would put a plug in for Adam Hodges Myerson at www.cycle-smart.com He is my coach and I have really enjoyed working with him. I'm learning more and more as we go along. They have a variety of programs available. I know that he would be happy to discuss your options and needs. You can find the phone number on the website. FWIW, Adam is one of the most knowledgeable about training with power around. I'd be happy to discuss this more with you privately, so that I don't end up sounding like a full-blown commercial for Cycle-Smart here on the forum.

Too Tall
11-02-2004, 10:34 AM
I am coached by Hunter Allen of cycling peaks and his partner Jeb is from Florida :) If you are interested in wattage and folks who walk the walk I'd highly recommend them. Something also to consider is finding a coach who is local. My wife and I have really appreciated what happens when your coach is at races and organizes training rides etc. If you want specifics on Peaks pls feel free to contact me direct.

FlaRider
11-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Chris,

Thanks for the info. I will send you a PM shortly.

Rafael

dcotcamp
11-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Raphael,

I'm also a Cycle-Smart client, though my coach is John Verheul. I'd second the recommendation Chris gave them.

Dennis

FlaRider
11-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Hello Dennis,

Adam Hodges-Myerson also recommended John Verheul. Adam unfortunately doesn't have any availability. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the recommendation.

Rafael

P.S. Since you are a Hampsten-Parlee owner, I thought I'd let you know that I took delivery of my Parlee Z1 a couple of weeks ago. It's, by far, the finest-riding carbon fiber bike I have owned. I'll try to bring it to the next Tour de Finger Lakes.