PDA

View Full Version : OP: The other Cross (Country)

rwsaunders
09-22-2008, 10:19 PM
It's Cross Country season and the kids are off and running. With a couple of meets under their belts, they're getting ready for some upcoming invitationals.

Some of the veterans (7th and 8th graders) are really starting to gain some stamina and are paying attention to the techniques that the coaches have been stressing. It's a real pleasure to see a kid cross the finish line, all the while knowing that they beat their last time.

Hats off to all of the runners and coaches out there who participate in this wonderful sport.

johnnymossville
09-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Oh those pics bring back memories of my x-country running days in school and college. It really is a wonderful sport at a great time of year. Very cool. :)

girlie
09-22-2008, 11:51 PM
I started running for my high school team in 6th grade. All 3 of my sisters ran as well. Coach loved the endless supply of runners my mom and dad gave him. Coolest thing ever though.....just got a voice mail from my sister saying my nephew got 16th place as a 6th grader running with 7th-8th graders:) And best part, my coach is still coaching varsity....I know he's foaming at the mouth.
I love all it takes is a pair of sneakers and that anyone can afford to do it. There is beauty to the simplicity.
Still love the bike more though...I mean you get to sit down and there is always beverages available....even get snacks:)
girlie

Blue Jays
09-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Definitely a great sport for kids. Absolutely a great character-builder as well.