PDA

View Full Version : Acupuncture for pain and healing

mikki
09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

Since today I think is the turning point in my healing and I am starting to hurt less and feel more like myself, I want to share with you what I have discovered:

Acupuncture. Now, during my many years of being a massage therapist, I have referred hundreds of clients to acupunture, but have never experienced it myself. Since my pain was not letting up and since the physician who is our medical director is wonderfully alternative-minded, she suggested sending over to our facility, her new acupuncturist, from Hungary. I was at the point of going back on vicodin because of the level of pain so decided to give it a try. I have had three-in-a-row days treatments and want to share with you that not only is the pain is significantly less, but I feel centered and can finally get some sleep. It challenges most of us who have grown up in a western medicine way of thinking, but I am willing to be challenged if it means not putting chemicals into my body; reducing pain and doing things beyond my understanding. Pretty awesome.

It is a little wierd to experience, but I am becoming a believer. Just wanted to share this so someone out there who gets or is injured might be willing to try something different than our normal Western Medicine ways. Just THINK about it if you are injured or out-of sorts. She said she works with moms during labor, cancer patients, and different types of maladies.

Nil Else
09-22-2008, 01:02 AM
People have been suggesting acupuncture to me for years and years but I just didn't believe these stuff would work until I finally tried some 5~6 yrs ago. Initially I thought it didn't help me at all but after a few days somewhere along the line I'd forget about the fact that I had this intense pain which lasted for weeks. A while later I'd noticed myself out riding and doing stuff and think maybe that stuff did work...

After I tried a few more times I've realized that's how it works... at least for me. It doesn't work 100% of times but most of times they do work. Now I simply "know" when it's time to go see my acupuncture guy.

dekindy
09-22-2008, 01:52 PM
A guy that I worked with had a son in high school that was a very good tennis player. He fractured a vertebrae and although it healed, the muscles and nerves in that area were irritated. He could only play a few games and would cramp up and was unable to play through the cramps and would have to quit.

After about a year he was referred to a Chinese trained acupuncturist. With only one treatment he played and won a tennis tournament with only slight cramping. He went for one more treatment and was cured. His tennis career was saved as he went on to play college and pro tennis for a few years.

If I did not know the father well, I would have been skeptical of this story. He emphasized going to a Chinese trained acupuncturist because he thought they were better. I am not sure what he based this on. If I could not find one in my area that had been trained in China I don't think that I would let that stop me from trying acupuncture.

Crazy Chris
09-22-2008, 02:43 PM
I crashed on ice in 1992. Had acupuncture, p.t., chiropractors, massage, more p.t., more chiropractors, and finally a p.t. who got me on a styrofoam roller. Voila! Cured. Neck mobility is approximately 90-95% of normal. Whatever works.

Nil Else
09-22-2008, 04:19 PM
If I did not know the father well, I would have been skeptical of this story. He emphasized going to a Chinese trained acupuncturist because he thought they were better. I am not sure what he based this on. If I could not find one in my area that had been trained in China I don't think that I would let that stop me from trying acupuncture.

My acupuncture guy is or was a Chinese trained Chinese guy.... He hardly ever spoke much.. just stuck pins in me. But he's returned to China though. I'll have to find a new acupuncture person next time. One rule though.. when I walk in if the place doesn't look clean I walk right back out... believe me I've seen some horror... yikes.

sloji
09-22-2008, 04:30 PM
No surgery no drugs but used acupuncture, massage, ultrasound, and physical therapy. I also suggest chocolate and at least 5-10 hugs a day from someone attractive to you that way if you don't heal at least you had a good time!