PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Spirit tubing

BigDaddySmooth
11-01-2004, 01:51 PM
As far as I can tell, the Columbus Niobium tubeset is also known as Spirit. Spirit is evidently the progression from thermacrom (Foc/Ultrafoco). The Serotta CIII is listed as using Niobium tubing so as to venture a guess it is Spirit but custom drawn to Serotta Colorado specs. My recent website hopping around has revealed that Pegoretti is no longer using Dedacciai steel and all his steel frames are built w/Spirit. Supposedly, Spirit is lighter and stronger than Foco, which is pretty light stuff. Dedacciai 16.5 EOM is a little lighter than Foco and has some pretty impressive ksi numbers. Spirit sounds like some impressive stuff. What do you think and has anyone ridden a Spirit frame yet?

Am I just a patsy for the marketing hype as I now have to have the latest and greatest?

Kirk Pacenti
11-01-2004, 02:00 PM

Jack Brunk
11-01-2004, 04:53 PM
My new CDA is one of the best frames that I have ever ridden. Great feel on the road, perfect stiffness in the BB and awesome power transfer. It is one of the best deals on the bike market today.

Jack

Ozz
11-01-2004, 04:59 PM
My 2003 CSI (with C4S tubing) is out of date...ever since the new Niobium tubing came out, it just doesn't have the same "spring" or "snap" that it used to...

....better start saving for a new bike!
:rolleyes: