PDA

View Full Version : Ortlieb Messenger Bag

itsflantastic
09-19-2008, 07:32 PM
So i settled on the Ortlieb.
Waterproof. Big. Comfortable. Well Constructed.

But the key word is comfortable. I'm glad I opted for the backpack.
i just took my first ride with it (packed all my laundry and rode to the laundromat). It's far superior to my last messenger bag.

Just thought I'd throw this positive review out there in case anyone else is considering one!

Cheers,
Dan

http://www.rei.com/product/768570 (<<<< this one)

tuscanyswe
09-19-2008, 07:51 PM
told you. Its very durable too. i used mine for 5 days / week for 5 years still going strong..

mikki
09-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Does it make you drip sweat in the area that touches your back or is there some sort of ventilation?

tuscanyswe
09-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Im not the guy that sweats huge amounts so i really couldent tell if this would be a problem.

I would find it hard think that this bag would be well ventilated judging from appearance. Material feels plastic like even. It does not hug your back so its letting in a fair amount of air from the sides. Think most waterproof messengerbags are gonna have bad ventilation but i could be wrong.

false_Aest
09-21-2008, 04:22 PM
The Ortlieb bag I have has foam strips about 3/4" thick placed diagonally on the back--- if I remember correctly there's about an inch of space between each strip.

I like the bag a lot but, to me, its not as comfortable as my Chrome bag. It is cooler (temp) though.

bironi
09-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Glad it worked. Ride on. :beer:

shinomaster
09-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah I really need one of those. The single strap on my timbuktu is killing me.