Check out the Austin clip in here:

www.mashsf.com/videos.php

Texbike

Flat Out
09-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Good stuff. Thanks!

rwsaunders
09-19-2008, 11:11 AM
It makes you look at LA a little differently.

ericspin
09-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Mah man! Say what you want about the boy but he loves ridin' his bike. Me too. Fixed yo.

Those boys at Lance's house looked like they had snuck into the candy store, huh?

Viper
09-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Dude, thanks. That was so good I watched it twice. One of the coolest vids I've seen in a while and the soundtrack was neat too, no joke. The vid is all about roots, just taking it back to where it began. Surfing is like that, every time you surf it's like day one all over again. Cycling changes a bit as we spin on super light, carbon fiber rigs while looking at the data. Surfing is always the same...a board, paddling, stand up, enjoy the jazz, the ocean doesn't change. Cycling started out with jeans, VANS, Sunkist soda and a pack of dudes riding around town.

I was at the LBS yesterday, I am really close to pulling a trigger on a BMX bike, bottom line is for a lot of us, cycling's roots are BMX. I used to mash around on the pavement on my Hutch Superstar, doing centuries over the span of a week as the mode of transportation. My BMX was the sh*t and I miss it. Don't be surprised to see a Ride Report this Fall while I mount some water bottle cage and slick tires to a Redline Flight Pro XXL. No skinsuit, but I'll wear a helmet. That vid above is all about the setting, not the bikes, the setting.

PS. Lance is gonna **** up every one in 2009, everyone. The next TdF will be epic. We retire to Florida, Arizona or Palm Springs. Jedis retire on Tatooine. Lance retires in Paris.

https://www.jrbicycles.com/storefront/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1941

SoCalSteve
09-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Totally cool video! Gotta love Lance just "takin it to the steets" and being "one of the guys"...Makes you think quite differntly about him, doesnt it?

Just sayin'

Steve

William
09-19-2008, 12:05 PM
That left me with a big **** eating grin on my face. Matter-O-fact is still there. :D

William

CPP
09-19-2008, 12:22 PM
What's the technique for breaking(duh)? They just stop pedalling and stand up putting max pressure on the pedals at 3 and 9? Must be scary the first time you try it. I ride a fix in the early season but it has breaks on it! I would love to ty that without getting launched!

tuscanyswe
09-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Is he getting his ass kicked in the end of Garetts video?
Sure looks like hes trying :)

Ray
09-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Eff YEAH!!! Mustache bars and an Aliante with baggy shorts. I knew there was SOMETHING I liked about that guy.

-Ray

daada51
09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Big fun!!! It looks like a veritable festival of bad judgement. If you ever wonder why there are motorists out there that intentionally run over cyclists, watch that video.

Onno
09-19-2008, 12:41 PM
The video does show guys having lots of fun, being brave, celebrating bikes, paying homage to Lance and all his jerseys, but I also thought that they were being total a-holes in how they ride in traffic. Sure it's fun and funny, but they no doubt also raise the (justifiable) anger level of car drivers for ALL bikers, and that's not so funny. If they really want to show how tough they are, why aren't they going down ski slopes on fixies?

mister
09-19-2008, 12:45 PM
lance got dropped by a little guy on a pursuit bike with riserzzz...and the little guy had a dook-eating grin on his face.

actually...alot of those places they were riding are somewhat downhill and pretty wide open...it's not like there are lights every 100 yards.

William
09-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes, they were being tools at points.....but it still looked like a fun time.

William

sloji
09-19-2008, 12:58 PM
I was in Austin two weeks ago and stopped by the Lance store and indulged myself with a Rapha Lightweight jersey, really perfect piece of clothing. The staff was friendly and helped us find a local theatre and such along with a tour of the store. We headed out and got in our awesome rental car and in pulls a 600 MBZ coupe, black, with a guy on the phone...short hair, hey, that's Lance. He was busy so we got on our way.

Awesome video, thanks!

Cdub
09-19-2008, 01:38 PM
I am so tempted to jump into the fixie game. One of my team mates rolled up from behind me yesterday on one. I asked how it was and how long he has had it. He said it was his first long ride on it (bought it 3 days earlier). Nice.

Great video. Tools and all!

scottcw2
09-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Big fun!!! It looks like a veritable festival of bad judgement. If you ever wonder why there are motorists out there that intentionally run over cyclists, watch that video.

I'm a cyclist and I would run over anyone who did that in front of me.

mister
09-19-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm a cyclist and I would run over anyone who did that in front of me.

what specifically are you referring to?

scottcw2
09-19-2008, 02:19 PM
what specifically are you referring to?

Isn't it obvious? cutting in front of cars in traffic and expecting them to stop, etc. Cyclists need to follow the rules of the road the same as motorists.

avalonracing
09-19-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm a bit surprised that you guys are impressed by these tools.
Watch the Austin vid starting at 1:55 and think about that next time that a motorist is not cutting you any slack.

Also, if these guys hit my car while they are "fixed gear fishtailing" in traffic I would probably have to beat their ass (if they didn't bust their helmetless head on my back window).

mister
09-19-2008, 02:59 PM
i saw a guy run a red light which was stupid.
i saw a guy cut across two lanes of traffic which was a jerk move that i see cars do all the time too.
towards the end i saw two more guys get in front of a car that was behind the other guys in the right turn lane.

hardly anything worth killing someone over, but that red light was dumb.

i think those guys probably have enough control to keep from hitting your car, i guess you could beat them up anyways though tough guy.

most all the other footage was on roads that are 2, 3 or even 4 lanes of traffic...

tuscanyswe
09-19-2008, 03:21 PM
i second above.

running a redlight is dumb but still.
This was just a video of guys enjoying their ride from my view.

92degrees
09-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Seriously? I'll have to go back and rewatch. I thought they had mad skills but it seemed like every 60sec someone was running a light, a stop sign, causing a car to stop in the middle of an intersection, or running their hand along a car. Around here I would expect to make it almost to the end of the street before someone in a jacked-up pickup put me into the curb.

tuscanyswe
09-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Okay i rewatched too. Maybe there are a few more potentially dangerous situations that the redlight.

But i think that their riding style with mad revs etc make it look far more hectic / dangerous than it would if was done by a roadie with normal gearing.

Im a messenger so maybe im use to it but i dont ride fixed and i definetly got brakes. Just thought it was kewl lance was riding and thought that should be the focus and not another "crazy fixies" thread :D video dident deserve that stamp in my book.

mcteague
09-19-2008, 04:55 PM
I just got pissed off watching them. They just give cyclists a bad name. Drivers see this and assume all cyclists are jerks and not deserving of consideration on the road. It's just more me, me, me behavior.

Tim McTeague

mike p
09-19-2008, 05:11 PM
God you guys are the bunch of tools! So there not the poster boys for proper bike etiquette. So they pull a few boneheaded moves. Hardly a reason to run them over! There hanging on to a little piece of there childhood! If they hurt anyone it's most likely going to be themselves. I'm sure all of you live every part of your life "between the lines" come to a complete stop every time, never cheat on your taxes, never speed. Give me a break!

Mike

92degrees
09-19-2008, 05:19 PM
God you guys are the bunch of tools! So there not the poster boys for proper bike etiquette. So they pull a few boneheaded moves. Hardly a reason to run them over! There hanging on to a little piece of there childhood! If they hurt anyone it's most likely going to be themselves. I'm sure all of you live every part of your life "between the lines" come to a complete stop every time, never cheat on your taxes, never speed. Give me a break!

Mike

Next time you're riding along minding your own business and someone throws a can out their window at you and tells you to get on a bikepath, think of these guys, hanging on to a little piece of their childhood.

Fixed
09-19-2008, 05:28 PM
this is the 2 nd most i have ever liked him ( after the cancer come back )
imho cheers :beer:

mike p
09-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Next time you're riding along minding your own business and someone throws a can out their window at you and tells you to get on a bikepath, think of these guys, hanging on to a little piece of their childhood.

I don't live in a city, no single speed nut's like those in the film in my neck of the woods. You would very much fit in around here as most all bikers try to do the right thing and ride according to the rules of the road and I still have had cans, full cups of ice, beer, and plenty of other things thrown my way. Not to mention being purposely run off the road many times. So whats your point.

Ithaca NY
mike

avalonracing
09-19-2008, 05:40 PM

A few years ago my 5'1" wife was hit by a bottle of soda that someone through out saying exactly the same thing. Was the driver of the car a criminal? Yes. But the guys in the vid don't help us or help our case when we try to get support from non riders.

These guys should practice their "Madd Skillz" on the playground with the other children.

A.L.Breguet
09-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Cool. Thanks for sharing.

mike p
09-19-2008, 05:50 PM
A few years ago my 5'1" wife was hit by a bottle of soda that someone through out saying exactly the same thing. Was the driver of the car a criminal? Yes. But the guys in the vid don't help us or help our case when we try to get support from non riders.

These guys should practice their "Madd Skillz" on the playground with the other children.

I don't condone their actions but the level of hostility they've drawn from some here seems out of wack.

Mike

cadence90
09-19-2008, 06:42 PM
I don't condone their actions but the level of hostility they've drawn from some here seems out of wack.

Mike
I don't condone their actions either, but neither can I criticize the "level of hostility they've drawn from some here".

After all, these guys are hardly kids: it's one of the greatest riders in history with other guys representing a major bicycle shop, for crying out loud!
They should show the required responsibility at intersections and red lights, instead of acting like they're on some ridiculous Critical Mass ride.

Signed,
A cyclist who was once accosted by (unprovoked) and hit (along with others) by 2 water bottles thrown by CM idiots, who insisted on completely blocking an intersection.

scottcw2
09-19-2008, 07:26 PM
...most all bikers try to do the right thing and ride according to the rules of the road and I still have had cans, full cups of ice, beer, and plenty of other things thrown my way. Not to mention being purposely run off the road many times. So whats your point.

The point is you have those riders like those in the video with their Peter Pan complex to thank. Thanks for helping to prove the point.

tuscanyswe
09-19-2008, 08:04 PM
I dont belive that to be true.
Ppl who throw stuff at you and screaming for no apparent reasons are just angry ppl with a poor excuse to unload their crap on some1.

I dont think a small amount of ppl with this kind of riding with running redlights etc makes much of a difference on how people would treat you while on your bike. Thats just my thoughts tho and i live in sweden (where most ppl dont try to run you over).

I dont go around kicking taxi doors just cause they make illegal u-turns infront of me on a daily basis without signallling. If i was an angry prick i would probably c it as the perfect excuse tho.

johnnymossville
09-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I haven't enjoyed a cycling video as much since Floyd rode a wheelie through the peloton at the tour. Cool Stuff.

rounder
09-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Great video...even better with the sound on.

mister
09-19-2008, 08:14 PM

actually if that's the type of people you're dealing with, then a dude on a bike just outright cutting cars off and not giving a **** will probably earn cyclists a little respect.

92degrees
09-19-2008, 08:24 PM
actually if that's the type of people you're dealing with, then a dude on a bike just outright cutting cars off and not giving a **** will probably earn cyclists a little respect.

Yeah! That's how it works! Show those truckers who is boss by cutting them off on your fixie. One of my favorite scenes was in "James" when they buzzed that woman on a hybrid and the guy walking his dog on that trail in the park. Man, I bet they were impressed!

johnnymossville
09-19-2008, 08:32 PM
People try to put us d-down,
Just because we get around
Things they do look awful c c cold,
I hope I die before I get old

Does it really matter what a bunch of old guys do on their bikes in some other part of the world? I was entertained for a few minutes, that's all that matters.

:beer:

shanerpvt
09-19-2008, 08:43 PM
thanks for sharin, Texbike!

Viper
09-19-2008, 08:53 PM
People try to put us d-down,
Just because we get around
Things they do look awful c c cold,
I hope I die before I get old

Does it really matter what a bunch of old guys do on their bikes in some other part of the world? I was entertained for a few minutes, that's all that matters.

:beer:

It was a Pepsi generation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWQkf0w5JR4

3:30...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjj3w325kDY

bironi
09-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Loved the flashback. Hey, I ride fixed, with a helmet, try to obey the rules of the road most the time, but I enjoyed the video. I do wonder if the video would have been shown if one the riders cutting off the traffic in the corner were squished and extinguished. What if Lance met a driver head on cutting the corner when he surged ahead. No 2009 TDF. :beer:

Thanks.

rounder
09-19-2008, 09:54 PM
I would like to see lance put a team together and just go for it...mellow johnnys...ride what you bring. Take on all comers. He already knows how to do it. It would be about the guys riding their bikes to win for their cause or whatever...not just for the sponsors. If that was successful, he could go international. That would bring in money to the LAF.

jkdbjj
09-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Great video, thanks!

paulandmonster
09-20-2008, 05:06 AM
i loved it tshirts and baggies no helments bombing around. now i want him to win more than ever. who cares if they did a little buzzing no one got hurt as far as car cyclists relations we are screwed anyways why not have some fun. for a hundred curtiuos cyclists they allways remember the one idiot anyways. i say to everyone go for a ride without a helmet once a month and enjoy the breeze. remeber what it was like when you were a kid.lifes to short have fun once in a while and dam the consequences

Elefantino
09-20-2008, 05:36 AM
First, I thought it was "Lance on a pixie!" and was looking for an Olsen.

Second, I wondered why he's riding without a helmet.

Third, I thought the traffic hijinks were really out of line. There is a way to celebrate urban fixiedom without acting like a jerk.

Fourth, some of the other riding (like up the last hill), was neat.

I think this is like "Jackass" ... either you get it or you don't.

ti_boi
09-20-2008, 05:50 AM
Good times!

Check out the Austin clip in here:

www.mashsf.com/videos.php

Texbike

My Gawd.............................................. ..........not to sound completely unhetereo.....but I LOVE THAT GUY............................................... ..DAMN.

mcteague
09-20-2008, 07:02 AM
I can't tell you how many people, upon hearing that I was a cyclist, proceed to tell me how crazy cyclists are and then relate some story about a rider doing something stupid. There will always be stupid people doing idiotic things but I see no point in glorifying it here.

Tim McTeague

ti_boi
09-20-2008, 07:12 AM

I think that hanging on to your childhood....at least the happy parts....like flying along on a bike without a helmet....(OK so I can remember riding many miles and many years before helmets were popular).....or just feeling the wind in your face and the sun on your back.....is a major key to eternal happiness.

The trouble is that we are all so rooted in the false sense of security that 'following the rules' gives us that we are afraid to color outside of the lines.

Life is short -- take a chance.

92degrees
09-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Ummm...I race my bike, pretty much every week, sometimes several times a week, all year long. I think of that as my "life is short -- take a chance" experience. Running an intersection isn't coloring outside of the lines. It's not a key to eternal happiness. It's a way to ruin your life and the life of the person that turns you into a puddle of mush.

michael white
09-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Lance should not be associated with such lawlessness because he might want to be governor or a role model or something.

otherwise, cool beans, get a life, etc. ;)

ps: the fixie culture seems to have a relationship with video which is really cool and artistic. I love the films I've seen.

daker13
09-20-2008, 09:13 AM
I used to like the mashsf hi-jinks. Now it just seems annoying. Riding in denim shorts? Come on. Still love my fixed gear, though.

I know the music in the Austin clip but I can't place it - is it John Fahey? Anyone know?

ti_boi
09-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Let's just say that not everyone lives to race or even has the patience to show up on time in a uniform for an organized event. For me it would be akin to having teeth pulled. I hate groups. Do not really care for rules. I pretty much shun anything that demands me to conform in any way. That being said....I do have a healthy respect for traffic. And I love to see cyclists enjoying themselves as these people obviously are.

cw05
09-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Watching that video reinforces the mantra we say over and over in surgery....'trauma is no accident'....i.e. stupid people do stupid things and surprise!, bad stuff happens. Don't ride bikes in traffic sans helmet unless you want to get a tracheostomy/feeding tube and have someone take care of all your bodily needs for the rest of your life.

mister
09-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Yeah! That's how it works! Show those truckers who is boss by cutting them off on your fixie. One of my favorite scenes was in "James" when they buzzed that woman on a hybrid and the guy walking his dog on that trail in the park. Man, I bet they were impressed!

ha. i was being sarcastic.
fact is if someone has a mentality like the people in the part i quoted, then it doesn't matter how nice, repectable and what rules you follow. you won't change their point of view.

mike p
09-20-2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.digave.com/videos/

Some more lawlessness
See drag race NYC
Mike

superunleaded
09-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks for sharing. Some crazy ***** but I liked it.

tuscanyswe
09-20-2008, 01:14 PM
the guy ending up winning the stockholm race actually works with me, ud go ballistic if u saw him considering u were upset by lance´s possey

Fixed
09-20-2008, 01:20 PM
some people say ....... that anyone who rides a bike is well....
you know......crazy ..
cheers

ti_boi
09-20-2008, 01:37 PM
some people say ....... that anyone who rides a bike is well....
you know......crazy ..
cheers

I do my best to smile and nod slowly when I talk to most people.

Just saying.

ThomasRZ
09-20-2008, 01:53 PM
99% of the cycling population doesn't ride like this, and these guys probably only ride like this when they're showing off for a film shoot. Plus, MASH kinda prides itself on treading the thin line between trick riding and utter recklessness. Think of them and their ilk as sort of skateboarders on bikes.

Yeah, in cities like Chicago, LA, SF, the cycling culture kinda encourages running reds, but they're not BLOWING them like the riders in the video are doing. Generally, drivers shake their heads, other cyclists shake their heads, but if you really get down to it, I doubt that what these guys are doing is doing any major damage to the reputations of cyclists everywhere. Yeah, they're not making any friends here, though.

Anyway, I'm not saying what they're doing is right, but it's not really that big of a deal. Unless, of course, you get off on making a big deal on the Internet about something such as this.

texbike
09-20-2008, 02:32 PM
OK, this is getting a little crazy....

Granted, there are a few bone head moves in here. Should they be wearing helmets? Probably. However, to mis-quote Eric Burdon, "It's their life and they can do what they want!".

Freedom baby! The sense of freedom and escape is probably the single, greatest thing about cycling. If one was to sit down and think about why they REALLY like cycling in the first place, I would be willing to bet that most would draw this same conclusion.

To me, this video represents that.

It actually made me think about my riding and how I spend my time on the bike. This morning I slept in a little later instead of getting up early and hustling to get everything together for a 70 mile ride at the crack of dawn. Instead of getting together with a group for the usual Saturday Morning hammerfest, I met my brother for a slow, easy 35 mile ride through the hills on the West side of Austin. The morning was crisp, cool, clear, and beautiful. It was perfect. We rode at a slow leisurely pace and enjoyed the morning and the chance to be out on a bike in beautiful surroundings. We stopped for coffee, went by Bicycle Sport Shop, rode through the local farmers' market checking out the hippie hotties, and even went by Mellow Johnny's to see the RVCA Cinelli exhibit (check it out if you have a chance). We slowly rode back through town and campus before heading home. We saw a bunch of cool stuff (including a Peg BLE w/new Super Record 11 on it) and had a great time without getting out and busting our rearends on the typical Satuday Morning "salute to pain".

So, take the video for what it is: a witness to the simplicity and joy of cycling. Nothing more.

However, if you choose to interpret it otherwise and pick it apart because of a couple of dumb moves, that's cool as well. After all brother, "It's your life and you can do what you want".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJUI-NRDflU&feature=related

Thanks Eric.

Texbike

CPP
09-20-2008, 02:42 PM
So Butch,
how is the tire skid done ??

A.L.Breguet
09-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah, great music, too.

1happygirl
09-20-2008, 03:48 PM
I liked how they totally irritated the drivers. That helps all of us! :no:

Being one of the guys? That doesn't change my opinion of his treatment of others one bit (the important people that is) sorry.

On the other hand, it did look like fun.

PS Is anybody goin' to the biker film fest at Mellow Johnny's?
If ya go, please post a report on the ones ya saw!!!

PPS Freedom stops when ya infringe on mine. The inconvience, upset, and bad feelings if I had hit one or was late to the hospital etc to save a non-bonehead that was doing nothing and had an MI or sumpin' trumps this 'bit of fun'

doesn't mean I can't find some enjoyment or fantasy in the video, just sayin' and giving the opinion shared by others already cuz I wanted to add my two cents(and give my opinion) even though it's stupid, obvious, redundant and doesn't change anything.
Wait a minute, that's why I vote too.

Thanks again though for posting the video.

Fixed
09-20-2008, 04:29 PM
So Butch,
push and pull bro
cheers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54uLmZadzCA

Oirad
09-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Exhilarating! -- Oirad

scottcw2
09-20-2008, 04:49 PM
PPS Freedom stops when ya infringe on mine...

Exactly. Freedom without respect for others and the rules of society = chaos and anarchy. There is a big difference.

The people that throw things at cyclists and intentionally try to run them off the road are also enjoying their freedom to be idiots. Doesn't make them right. It's a 2 way street.

ti_boi
09-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Exactly. Freedom without respect for others and the rules of society = chaos and anarchy. There is a big difference.

The people that throw things at cyclists and intentionally try to run them off the road are also enjoying their freedom to be idiots. Doesn't make them right. It's a 2 way street.

People in cars that bully cyclists are tough when they are behind the wheel....until they are stopped and conversation or worse can occur. Then it becomes a level playing field.....and the fun starts.

andy mac
09-20-2008, 06:34 PM
People in cars that bully cyclists are tough when they are behind the wheel....until they are stopped and conversation or worse can occur. Then it becomes a level playing field.....and the fun starts.

that said i've found that the people who want to fight usually aren't doing it for the first time and are often quite good at it...

:fight:

ti_boi
09-20-2008, 06:41 PM
that said i've found that the people who want to fight usually aren't doing it for the first time and are often quite good at it...

:fight:

Not my experience at all...most people are wimps.....Usually isn't an issue if you display the right amount of composure and aggression...most people are by nature averse to bodily harm....but I don't wanna hi jack this thread. :cool:

Lifelover
09-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Super Cool Video. It great to see that someone like Lance can still have fun riding a bike.

I would be willing to bet that the average motorist is less annoyed by that kind of riding than they are the average roadie in our costumes.

Guys diving in and out of traffic are doing the best to get away from you. They know that the roads aren't made for them and don't try to ride like they do.

It's the typical ARB that thinks he does have a right to the road, that the motorist hate. Fixie Hipsters probably never have bottles thrown at them.

rounder
09-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey fixed...you posted a video a few months ago (??) of some guys showing off on their bikes. Do you still have it...if so could you post it again. Thanks.

Fixed
09-20-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiE1Qm7HSd8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hauN0roxWM&feature=related

rounder
09-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Awesome. Thanks man!!

CPP
09-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Thanks Butch, will try that at home

andy mac
09-21-2008, 04:31 AM
Not my experience at all...most people are wimps.....Usually isn't an issue if you display the right amount of composure and aggression...most people are by nature averse to bodily harm....but I don't wanna hi jack this thread. :cool:

Guess it depends where you live...

We moved from PDX, SFO and NYC to Sydney. This is where I now surf. They ain't muckin' around down here... lots of road rage, biffo in the water, pubs and the streets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bra_Boys

:rolleyes:

mike p
09-21-2008, 07:54 AM

We moved from PDX, SFO and NYC to Sydney. This is where I now surf. They ain't muckin' around down here... lots of road rage, biffo in the water, pubs and the streets.

Well it was a penal colony, what'd ya expect! :)

Mike

Samster
09-21-2008, 08:19 AM
So Butch,
1 good way to screw up a perfectly fine set of $50 vittorias imo. put on gators or something old if you wish to do this. otherwise a couple of these will give you tires that slip on climbs etc. also works better when ground is wet. but some call that cheating- eff em i say.

michael white
09-21-2008, 10:26 AM

most people who are sober are wimps. However, when drunk, or when trying to impress "peers," they become self-destructive jackasses. same diff.

SoCalSteve
09-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Lance should not be associated with such lawlessness because he might want to be governor or a role model or something.

otherwise, cool beans, get a life, etc. ;)

ps: the fixie culture seems to have a relationship with video which is really cool and artistic. I love the films I've seen.

This is a joke, right?

Just askin'

Steve

PS: I hope so, or this could become political VERY quickly!

michael white
09-21-2008, 11:00 AM
This is a joke, right?

Just askin'

Steve

PS: I hope so, or this could become political VERY quickly!

:D

girlie
09-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Enjoyed that vid...looks like fun!
girlie

ti_boi
09-22-2008, 08:16 AM
most people who are sober are wimps. However, when drunk, or when trying to impress "peers," they become self-destructive jackasses. same diff.

Uh.....I resemble that comment!

Viper
09-22-2008, 08:42 AM
In the 'Indy 50' vid (upper right corner) someone does wipe out badly. They're chasing the scooter where the passenger is holding, taunting any of the cyclists to grab the money. So for those on the side of cycling morality, the video 'Indy 50' will enhance your pov. For those who enjoyed the Lance vid, you simply liked it and that's, that. Here:

http://www.mashsf.com/videos.php

Birch
09-22-2008, 08:49 AM
That left me with a big **** eating grin on my face. Matter-O-fact is still there. :D

William

Ha! Sames here!! Fantastic vid!

sjbraun
09-22-2008, 10:00 PM
is a Leo Kotke classic, Busted Bicycle, IIRC.

Steelhead
09-23-2008, 08:04 AM
That looks cool and all but I have a tough time getting too excited about guys coming into town, blowing stop signs and red lights w/o helmets and giving local motorists a reason to dislike us even more. :rolleyes: Austin is pretty bike friendly but it doesn't have to stay that way.

daker13
09-23-2008, 08:16 AM

I read Lance's book a few months ago, and one of the things I found fascinating was the split personality that came across - maybe because the book was ghostwritten or something.

On the one hand, he talks about himself as an outlaw and a rebel, an outcast with a single mom in an upper middle class suburb. On the other hand, he also writes about having a Camaro in high school and hanging around with the jocks and having a lot of girlfriends.

Still not sure what to make of this guy.

ss-jimbo
09-23-2008, 03:45 PM
is a Leo Kotke classic, Busted Bicycle, IIRC.

Thanks for that, anyone know who does the whistling in the closing credits?

Viper
09-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for that, anyone know who does the whistling in the closing credits?

An Olsen twin

/rimshot.

Cdub
09-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Anyone notice Lance is rocking running shoes, while the others are sportin cycling shoes. mad leg turnover.

Steelhead
09-23-2008, 04:54 PM
BikeSnob NYC would shred that to pieces. :D

Onno
09-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Could someone send him the link so that he'll do it. I LOVE that guy!

superunleaded
09-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Fixie riding in SF with soothing background music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0AFpq6jFok)

mister
09-23-2008, 08:01 PM

he already seen it.
i sent him an email and he said "lance hasn't said exactly what it comeback entails, perhaps he's gonna hit the alleycat circuit..."

Dekonick
09-23-2008, 08:32 PM
What a bunch of A-holes.

Looks like fun...but that doesn't change that they are acting like pricks.

Thanks Lance! I will remember this when I get run off the road again sometime. You are my HERO!

Fixed
09-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Anyone notice Lance is rocking running shoes, while the others are sportin cycling shoes. mad leg turnover.
he is still lance he could beat most with flip flops
imho
cheers

Cdub
09-24-2008, 09:58 AM
he is still lance he could beat most with flip flops
imho
cheers

When I first started MTB'ing, i was all suited up out on some single track and a dude in flip flops just blew by me. :bike:

ss-jimbo
09-24-2008, 02:05 PM
I counted 3 a-hole acts in the video, all before Lance was shown.

What a bunch of A-holes.

Looks like fun...but that doesn't change that they are acting like pricks.

Thanks Lance! I will remember this when I get run off the road again sometime. You are my HERO!

ss-jimbo
09-24-2008, 02:06 PM

Actually look a bit closer, all the helmet heads are wearing cycling shoes, but most of the true fixie punks are not.

kingcounty07
09-25-2008, 01:59 PM
anyways, i thought it was a cool video, the one blatent red light runner was a bit out of pocket but, hey, its him thats gonna get hurt so let him worry about it. i thought it was funny that the only person that got honked at by a car in the video was Lance Armstrong, if only the person in the car had any idea who they were honking at!