PDA

View Full Version : Co Mo tandem in two suit cases, It can be done

Smiley
09-18-2008, 09:42 PM
OK, So we are doing a dry run on knocking down and re-installing the tandem in preparation for Spain and Majorica.

The only trick is I had to remove the disc's from the wheel hubs for fear of bending them, Plus I had to remove the fork cause with the steerer tube I am using it would not go any other way. Did some experimenting and broke the guideline rules to keep one wheel in each S&S case cause its easier that way.

Enjoy

Smiley
09-18-2008, 09:44 PM
I'll just do an online search here :)

zap
09-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Now, can you build the bike. Step by step photo's here will help.

:banana:

Spinner
09-19-2008, 10:00 AM
my co-mo co-pilot into its case, i am always amazed with the result. i can pack everything except the wheels into one case.

taking pictures during the process always helps with doing the job correctly.

and it is always fun to re-build the puppy; it gives me a wrenching fix.

Bradford
09-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Captian, now you have me thinking. I'll always packed the tandem in one box and the wheels in the other. Have I been doing it wrong? Should I try your way next time we fly?

TMB
09-19-2008, 10:52 AM
It would be Sooooo much easier packing my single Strong if I used two cases!

Just saying.

SadieKate
09-19-2008, 01:39 PM
For those of you wanting a headbadge rather than a decal for your Co Mo, Jennifer Green of headbadges.com just created the first sterling Co Mo badge for my husband.

Now that someone else has dealt with the initial project, WebCyclery here in Bend is probably going to carry them or handle the ordering or something. Contact Henry if you are interested.

I think Co Mo is taking a large blow-up of this photo to Interbike if any are going.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/SadieKate/co-motionheadbadge.jpg

Smiley
09-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Captian, now you have me thinking. I'll always packed the tandem in one box and the wheels in the other. Have I been doing it wrong? Should I try your way next time we fly?
It works best with a wheel in each case just because if you add the axel length for the front 120 mm plus the rear 145 mm totals 265 mm which is 10.47 inches and the freaking case is 10 inches deep. Fuzzy math to me. This is the fix for sure :banana:

SadieKate
09-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Just got an email from Henry

http://www.webcyclery.com/product.php?productid=18433&cat=0&page=1