PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Flite Saddle

keno
09-17-2008, 05:56 PM
I have a Selle Italia Flite Genuine Gel 07 saddle on my Look 565. I've had the saddle for about three weeks. I use an FSA K-Force carbon, two bolt post. The saddle has started to squeak.

I believe that I have eliminated all other possibilities, particularly so because I've gotten to the point at which I can evoke the squeaks at will by forward and back movement on the saddle.

I have ridden hands free, and can get the squeak, so it's not the bars.

I have ridden out of the saddle and cannot get the squeak.

I have coasted and can get the squeak, so it's not a pedal or two or shoes.

I have tightened the two saddle clamp bolts to a fair thee well, and the seat post clamp, as well.

Anyone had such a problem and successfully solved it?

With due respect to The Tappet Brothers, Click and Clack, the saddle is white.

keno

David Kirk
09-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Well since the saddle is white.......... I should think it would be obvious to check the head of the post and how it grabs the saddle rails and make sure it's not coming from there. So let's assume you have done that.

The place where I've seen many saddles make noise is the 3 points that the saddle rails are stuffed into the saddle shell. As the shell flexes the rails in effect pivot around in the holes on the shell and I've seen many make noise there. I've had great luck with just a drop or two of oil in this socket (tip the bike to the right angle and let it run in).

Worth a shot.

dave