PDA

View Full Version : My Type Of Guy!!!

zray67
09-14-2008, 02:58 AM
In a review of the Trek 5900 on roadbikereview.com, one of the reviewers wrote of a weakness of the 5900; "The bike leaves little room for my wife in bed".
Now that is my type of guy. He really got his priorities straight.

ti_boi
09-14-2008, 04:40 AM
In a review of the Trek 5900 on roadbikereview.com, one of the reviewers wrote of a weakness of the 5900; "The bike leaves little room for my wife in bed".
Now that is my type of guy. He really got his priorities straight.

Really? :rolleyes:

Bill Bove
09-14-2008, 05:39 AM
Yes, he does :D

alancw3
09-14-2008, 05:49 AM
not!

Blue Jays
09-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Sounds like he also introduced humor into an otherwise traditional product review. :beer:

Bill Bove
09-14-2008, 05:54 AM
not!
Newlywed :rolleyes:

Being married is like taking a bath,

Once you get in and get used to it, it ain't that hot ;)

Fixed
09-14-2008, 09:57 AM
i wouldn't trade my wife for all the bikes in the world ..
a bike is a bike imho
cheers :beer:

Bill Bove
09-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Sounds like he also introduced humor into an otherwise traditional product review. :beer:
This is a cycling forum, if I wanted humor I'd go to a funny forum ;)

girlie
09-14-2008, 10:46 AM
My Type Of Guy!!!

I fully respect and support your preference for men!

girlie

zray67
09-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Girlie,
Your answer is right up there with the humor of the original post. And there I thought that no one had a sense of humor on this board.

alancw3
09-14-2008, 12:26 PM
i wouldn't trade my wife for all the bikes in the world ..
a bike is a bike imho
cheers :beer:
amen! i think we need a reality check here!!!! hey it's a bike! HELLO!

girlie
09-14-2008, 12:29 PM
amen! i think we need a reality check here!!!! hey it's a bike! HELLO!

Oh come on the irony is the guy who posted on roadbikereview.com probably does not have a wife and never will....sad really!
And he just publicly announced to everyone he is a looser.

girlie

scottcw2
09-14-2008, 12:34 PM
And he just publicly announced to everyone he is a looser.

girlie

And a loser. ;)

I can't say I would give up my bikes for a woman, but no way any bike takes the place of a good woman.

girlie
09-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Oh sorry that's:

loooooooooser said with an attitude :D

Thanks scottcw2

csm
09-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I think it was meant as a bit of humor.
when did everyone get so serious around here? it's an internet forum about bikes mostly. lighten up.
besides, I have a kingsized bed; plenty of room for bikes and women.

scottcw2
09-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I have a kingsized bed; plenty of room for bikes and women.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

girlie
09-14-2008, 12:47 PM
See now we are talking.

I've always said cycling kits are lingerie for men.
....well for me I mean.

csm
09-14-2008, 12:47 PM
my dog used to sleep up there too but he's older and can't jump like he used to.
my bike still has the ragbrai grime on it so it stays off too. figure the tweener season will be here soon enough when it's too miserable to ride outdoors and there is no snow to ski on yet. that's when I'll clean it up and get ready for next year.

chuckroast
09-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Heck, sometimes my wife likes her shoes better than me. And they hurt when I roll over on them...

cadence90
09-14-2008, 03:16 PM
The guy should just buy 99 more of those bikes, hook them all together, and put that furry Brooks saddle on all them.
With good seatposts he could even dial in a heck of an adjust-a-bed!
Problem solved. :beer:

dekindy
09-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Maybe put the bike over the bed instead of a mirror! :rolleyes:

tv_vt
09-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I ride my bike because, among other things, it keeps me in shape, which my missus really appreciates. You ride the bike to get the girl. At least, that's my priority. Only skin and bones in my bed ;)

fiamme red
09-15-2008, 01:40 PM
"As a kid I had a dream — I wanted to own my own bicycle. When I got the bike I must have been the happiest boy in Liverpool, maybe in the world. I lived for that bike. Most kids left their bikes in the backyard at night. Not me. I insisted on taking mine indoors and the first night I even kept it by my bed. Funny, although it was important to me then, I can’t remember what finally happened to it."
--John Lennon

ti_boi
09-15-2008, 01:48 PM
OK....time to overshare.....

Wife squeezed my rear last night and said "tight butt" (a rare comment for sure)....then she said...."must be all that bike riding..."

TRUE STORY!~

Sooooo cycling....is.....very.....awesome.

ti_boi
09-15-2008, 01:49 PM
"As a kid I had a dream — I wanted to own my own bicycle. When I got the bike I must have been the happiest boy in Liverpool, maybe in the world. I lived for that bike. Most kids left their bikes in the backyard at night. Not me. I insisted on taking mine indoors and the first night I even kept it by my bed. Funny, although it was important to me then, I can’t remember what finally happened to it."
--John Lennon

And then he wondered....

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24344292-5012327,00.html

BumbleBeeDave
09-15-2008, 02:08 PM
OK....time to overshare.....

Wife squeezed my rear last night and said "tight butt" (a rare comment for sure)....then she said...."must be all that bike riding..."

TRUE STORY!~

Sooooo cycling....is.....very.....awesome.

My girlfriend has also expressed her, uh, appreciation for the results of all that riding. Approaching 50 now, I have to confess to a bit of self-satisfaction and a lot of pride as the results of many years of physical fitness pursuits begins to pay off. I think 50 and beyond is when the difference really begins to show. If you've really taken care of yourself it shows. It also shows if you haven't.

BBD

Commander Adama
09-15-2008, 02:08 PM
And then he wondered....

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24344292-5012327,00.html

Like some artists, poets, musicians, there is sometimes a sense of unbalance, mental issues at play and moreover, drugs. While mental illness and drug abuse does not discriminate within society, we see it all around us, the visual and auditory arts if you will, often display their struggles, prominently and with pain, their catharsis.

Yoko Ono and Paul McCartney are disturbed by the Lennon book and it's revelation of John speaking about his mom's chest. We'll be left to wonder, was that truly John Lennon speaking or the drugs he might've been on? Lennon was a strong user of drugs, it was so very sad to seem him go as towards the end of his life he did see the light, clarity. Sophocles touched on this Oediphile subject, hundreds of years BC. Now a cheesy author will attempt to make money. Interestingly, Ms. Ono will leave behind a catalog of quotes which may one day, generate another scandalous, tell-all book.

I cried when John Lennon was shot, I was ten years old. I watched my Mom cry, she loved The Beatles, saw them at Shea Stadium and even my Dad was taken back by the sick shooting. Wildly, his killer, Mark Chapman, disturbed mentally, killed Lennon as he viewed him through the eyes of Holden Caufield; Chapman thought Lennon was just another adult, a liar who owned a million dollar apartment over Central Park yet sang of simplicity, poverty and peace. Mark Chapman couldn't afford drugs, he sniffed glue from brown paper bags. Too bad he didn't overdose before 1980.

Bless John Lennon, may we all shine on, like the moon and the stars and the sun. :beer:

fiamme red
09-15-2008, 02:16 PM
And then he wondered....

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24344292-5012327,00.htmlMother, you had me but I never had you,
I wanted you, but you didn't want me,
So I got to tell you,
Goodbye, goodbye.

Father, you left me, but I never left you,
I needed you but you didn't need me,
So I got to tell you,
Goodbye, goodbye.

Commander Adama
09-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Mother, you had me but I never had you,
I wanted you, but you didn't want me,
So I got to tell you,
Goodbye, goodbye.

Father, you left me, but I never left you,
I needed you but you didn't need me,
So I got to tell you,
Goodbye, goodbye.

Another loss today....

ARTIST: Pink Floyd
TITLE: Mother
Lyrics and Chords

[ '=5 beats; "=6 beats; '"=8 beats
verse normal=8 beats
refrain normal=6 beats ]

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb
Mother do you think they'll like this song
Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls
Oo-ah, Mother should I build a wall

/ G' C - G - / / C G - / D C" G - /

Mother should I run for president
Mother should I trust the government
Mother will they put me in the firing line
Oo-ah, is it just a waste of time

Hush now baby, baby don't you cry
Mama's gonna make all of your nightmares come true
Mama's gonna put all of her fears into you
Mama's gonna keep you right here under her wing
She won't let you fly but she might let you sing
Mama's gonna keep baby cozy and warm
Oo, babe, oo babe, oo babe
Of course mama's gonna help build the wall

/ G'" C - / F C / / / / F CG G / D C D C / D C G - /

Mother do you think she's good enough for me
Mother do you think she's dangerous to me
Mother will she tear your little boy apart
Oo-ah, Mother will she break my heart

Hush now baby, baby don't you cry
Mama's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you
Mama won't let anyone dirty get through
Mama's gonna wait up till you get in
Mama will always find out where you've been
Mama's gonna keep baby healthy and clean
Oo, babe, oo babe oo babe
You'll always be a baby to me

Mother, did it need to be so high

mikki
09-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Some years ago, I had discovered bit by bit what type of bike my husband wanted, purchased it and all the components he wanted and had the bike built up. Christmas Eve I took some time away from him and put it in our king size bed with the handlebars on his pillow sticking out of the covers, complete with a large red bow.

You should've seen the look on his face when we went in to go to bed!! He LOVED it!!!!!!! (P.S. the bike was moved to another location pretty quickly)

Lazy Bill
09-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Some years ago, I had discovered bit by bit what type of bike my husband wanted, purchased it and all the components he wanted and had the bike built up. Christmas Eve I took some time away from him and put it in our king size bed with the handlebars on his pillow sticking out of the covers, complete with a large red bow.

You should've seen the look on his face when we went in to go to bed!! He LOVED it!!!!!!! (P.S. the bike was moved to another location pretty quickly)
He's a lucky guy - good story!