PDA

View Full Version : A sad / ironic thing today

TomP
09-13-2008, 06:44 PM
So today we were out for our long ride. It was a wonderful 80 miles up and down the mountain canyons around Morrison Colorado. On the way back in we meet my friends wife and pull over to talk for a minute. Well, I guess we weren't far enough inside the white line on the shoulder (but we were well over on the shoulder of the road). A boy racer, of course without a helmet, buzzes us and nearly hits me, shaking his head and cussing at us.

I figure 99.99% of us do this for fun and fittness. We get enough hassles day to day, let alone from cars on the road when we ride. I guess some riders are just so angry at life and self centered that now they're dishing it on other cyclists.

Still had a great ride, just left a sour taste.

girlie
09-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Goodness I thought you were going to say that you got back on the road and found that kid in a crash. When you said he wasn't wearing his helmet, I thought it was a set-up for a crash.

Actually so glad it wasn't that......

gemship
09-14-2008, 07:25 AM
everybody sounds lucky that a accident was avoided. Yesterday's ride for me was a sort of observance in rider etiquette. I tend to race (myself at least) when I ride but I do wear a helmet. I wave or at least grunt a hello,how goes it to all fellow riders. Encountered more than a few nonreciprocal, ingnorant or arrogant riders. Not sure why, I guess it's their craziness. I must admit that I enjoyed the one dude that I passed said my hello only to recieve his surly mug.I could just tell he was taking himself way to seriously. People really shouldn't expect much more than fun on their rides oh well.