PDA

View Full Version : Quick Step bikes for 2009?

LegendRider
09-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Has Quick Step announced their bike sponsor for 2009? I haven't seen anything about Specialized re-signing.

BumbleBeeDave
09-11-2008, 11:20 AM
. . . to replace Cervelo at CSC, didn't they? Not sure if they would do two teams--that would be some pretty major bucks. Didn't Quick-Step have TIME bikes a few years ago?

BBD

LegendRider
09-11-2008, 11:26 AM
. . . to replace Cervelo at CSC, didn't they? Not sure if they would do two teams--that would be some pretty major bucks. Didn't Quick-Step have TIME bikes a few years ago?

BBD

Yep - Specialized is with CSC. But, they could probably swing sponsorship of two big teams. However, with Colnago being shut out elsewhere, I'm wondering if there is a deal in the works.

BumbleBeeDave
09-11-2008, 11:57 AM
. . . However, with Colnago being shut out elsewhere, I'm wondering if there is a deal in the works.

They've already taken some heat for outsourcing some of their bike fabrication to, uh, other countries far to the East! :rolleyes: I'd imagine it would be a matter of pride to Ernesto to continue to have a presence for his bikes and his comb-over in the pro peloton. :p

BBD

deluxerider
09-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Specialized has sponsored 2 teams (quickstep, gerolsteiner) for the last few years. Gerolsteiner's demise probably opened the way for CSC. my bet is that they stay with Quickstep too.

TMB
09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
http://www.velonews.com/article/77413

Specialized have sponsored two teams for a number of years - Gerolsteiner and QSI.