PDA

View Full Version : New Owners Club Jersey....

Pete Serotta
09-05-2008, 07:44 PM
New jersey by Castelli (see SEROTTA.COM home page) 25% off to OC members thru 9/26

http://www.serotta.com/owners/ownersclub.html

CNY rider
09-06-2008, 06:05 AM
Well, the price is definitely right!
Now the off center bullseye.......I guess I'm not sure about that. An off center bullseye, off center on the front of the jersey.

Is it a C inside of an O signifying "Owners Club"? :confused:

Sandy
09-06-2008, 06:18 AM
I don't see any place where you can choose the size of the shirt.

Sandy

Smiley
09-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Pete, a sizing chart would help sell a few more of these jerseys. BTW who buys a black summer jersey anyway? I try to ride with white color stuff due to the heat of summer.

Here goes :

http://www.castelli-us.com/t-sizing.aspx

Pete Serotta
09-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks for your good suggestions. Sizing, for your info., is US. (Now updated on store description.) FYI, Castelli has re-graded sizes for the US market, and has improved even over our current inline jersey. Significant change on this style is raglan sleeve (vs. "set-in") and elastic at sleeve cuff and hem bottom for a no-slip fit. Also this jersey has a low profile exposed front zip with a locking pull which is always nice - stays in place and easy to operate on the bike!

RE: black being hot. There may be some slight solar gain on the worst days of summer but this fabric dances off your back, it's incredibly breathable and light. Paul Levine from Signature has black jerseys (DKNY) and they are in demand! We've passed this design by our 212 dealers and they responded very positively....so we can be confident that these are "cool" in more ways than one! Finally, the OC is the new Owner's Club logo brought to life on this new jersey. :cool: :cool: :) :)

ORDER SOON!!!

Smiley
09-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for your good suggestions. Sizing, for your info., is US. (Now updated on store description.) FYI, Castelli has re-graded sizes for the US market, and has improved even over our current inline jersey. Significant change on this style is raglan sleeve (vs. "set-in") and elastic at sleeve cuff and hem bottom for a no-slip fit. Also this jersey has a low profile exposed front zip with a locking pull which is always nice - stays in place and easy to operate on the bike!

RE: black being hot. There may be some slight solar gain on the worst days of summer but this fabric dances off your back, it's incredibly breathable and light. Paul Levine from Signature has black jerseys (DKNY) and they are in demand! We've passed this design by our 212 dealers and they responded very positively....so we can be confident that these are "cool" in more ways than one! Finally, the OC is the new Owner's Club logo brought to life on this new jersey. :cool: :cool: :) :)

ORDER SOON!!!
I ordered mine today Pete and take it from somebody who knows a thing or two about solar gain, are you saying Black is the new White or something like that :)

Pete Serotta
09-06-2008, 03:49 PM
:p

I ordered mine today Pete and take it from somebody who knows a thing or two about solar gain, are you saying Black is the new White or something like that :)

jbrainin
09-06-2008, 04:02 PM
The size chart helps but there's no way to specify the size of the item that winds up in the cart. I'd have already ordered one if I could specify the size.

Smiley
09-06-2008, 04:15 PM
The size chart helps but there's no way to specify the size of the item that winds up in the cart. I'd have already ordered one if I could specify the size.

I ordered mine and sent a note with my order number to Tiffany@serotta.com and told her what size I wanted and about the snafu on the order of not being able to spec the size, she responded and said a size area will be added to the order screen. Go ahead and tell her Pete to you to confirm size with her :)
She did say that she confirmed my size now for what its worth.

pdmtong
09-15-2008, 10:15 AM
I like it. Much nicer than the previous.

BUT my first reaction was to note subliminal similarity (at least to me) to the steelman logo...which is prevalent around here.

Floyd Dakil
09-19-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm 5'8" and weigh 150. In other words, I'm carrying about 10 lbs more than what would be my competitive ideal. But even then, I have a 31" waist. My chest is about 38", and the sizing chart indicates that a 37-38 1/2" chest comes with a 31-33" waist. So for me, the chest would be a nice fit but the waist would be too big. That means loose fabric would be flapping around my middle, which is not very aerodynamic. And if I lost those 10 extra pounds, the waist would be even more of a wind drag. So the Serotta jersey is apparently cut to accommodate middle-age spread, which suggests that the stereotype of the typical Serotta owner is, alas, a reality.

Pete Serotta
09-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Do not agree :) Was on a great ride yesterday at SIGNATURE CYCLE in GREENWICH (PAUL LEVINE had CHRIS CARMICHAEL there.) There were many folks there in the CASTELLI jersey (the CC is the same cut) and they were fit and more fit. If the jersey fits you in the shoulders and chest AND flaps in the wind around your waist - I will buy it from you :cool: :) PETE

I'm 5'8" and weigh 150. In other words, I'm carrying about 10 lbs more than what would be my competitive ideal. But even then, I have a 31" waist. My chest is about 38", and the sizing chart indicates that a 37-38 1/2" chest comes with a 31-33" waist. So for me, the chest would be a nice fit but the waist would be too big. That means loose fabric would be flapping around my middle, which is not very aerodynamic. And if I lost those 10 extra pounds, the waist would be even more of a wind drag. So the Serotta jersey is apparently cut to accommodate middle-age spread, which suggests that the stereotype of the typical Serotta owner is, alas, a reality.

clweed
09-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Do not agree :) Was on a great ride yesterday at SIGNATURE CYCLE in GREENWICH (PAUL LEVINE had CHRIS CARMICHAEL there.) There were many folks there in the CASTELLI jersey (the CC is the same cut) and they were fit and more fit. If the jersey fits you in the shoulders and chest AND flaps in the wind around your waist - I will buy it from you :cool: :) PETE

Will you buy mine back if it fits around the waist and flaps like a flag in the wind around my shoulders :p

Pete Serotta
09-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately you have my problem and I already have jerseys like that

Will you buy mine back if it fits around the waist and flaps like a flag in the wind around my shoulders :p

Smiley
09-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Pete, will you bail out Lehman Brothers too :)