PDA

View Full Version : great tennis

Ken Robb
09-05-2008, 01:39 PM
the Bryan Bros. just won US Open Doubles in 2 sets--both tie-breakers. I love watching good doubles so much more than singles.

1happygirl
09-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah for the Men's singles winner (see I didn't give it away in case someone Tivo'd it). I was happy to see him come back and win one. Want to see him overtake Sampras in all time wins.

soulspinner
09-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Seems to me he got written off too early. Maybe he just needed to be pushed by someone like Nadal, who like Borg, learned to adapt to different surfaces quickly. Hes a gentleman and beautiful to watch. :beer:

keno
09-09-2008, 01:30 PM
A low-down crying shame that Murray got screwed on that line call in the in the second set. Not saying he would have gone on to win, and I love Federer, but it might have been a truly outstanding match. Murray has a good record against Federer, and Murray has improved quite a bit.

I don't understand tennis's challenge system that doesn't allow a charged review of a finished point. I think that it is far too much to ask a player to risk losing a point by calling for a review in the middle of it, particularly in a critical one such as yesterday's, and being wrong. It would be similar in football to require a defensive back to stop chasing a runner who might have stepped on the sideline in order to review.

keno