PDA

View Full Version : TdF (not TdFL) route unveiled!

jeffg
10-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Well, it does not not have Alpe d'Huez (for once) or Ventoux, but it seems like an interesting route. Less mountaintop finishes, no real prologue and no intermediate TT, but still a long TT at the end and plenty of climbing. Several reports claim this helps Lance's rivals, but I am not sure how. If the Tour is really less difficult this year, then perhaps the rivals could stay closer, though it is hard to see how they could win. You still have to finish ahead of him, and there are 3 mountain top finishes, a long TT, a TTT, etc. where the Lance of the past 6 tours could put more than enough time into the field.

So, my main question is do we think Lance will ride? My gut tells me he will, though I would really prefer to see him race some of the classics and then ride the Giro, and perhaps the Vuelta. C'mon, Lance, there are other races! :banana:

dirtdigger88
10-29-2004, 01:52 PM
I believe he has already said that he will ride next year. :banana:

Jason

Tom
10-29-2004, 01:58 PM
The whole Lance thing seems to be to the point where no other riders seem to get noticed except in the "He's wonderful, they suck" way. I guess it's cause I've been watching the old DVDs as I ride the trainer and I start really feeling like I want to see just about anybody else riding it out against each other.

jeffg
10-29-2004, 02:00 PM
for the Tour, and that they will adopt a "wait and see" approach. My fear is this waiting to see if he feels like doing the Tour will preclude him from riding another GT. Giro! Giro! Giro!