johnnymossville
09-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Levi wins the TT. The Golden Jersey!

paczki
09-03-2008, 11:10 AM
And look at Chavanel!

fmbp
09-03-2008, 05:50 PM
that's awesome. Congrats to him on his first ever leader's jersey in a Grand Tour.

jhcakilmer
09-03-2008, 06:14 PM
that's awesome. Congrats to him on his first ever leader's jersey in a Grand Tour.

+1 I've always enjoyed watching Levi race.

93legendti
09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Leipheimer left no doubt about what his intentions are in the coming stages.

“Alberto is the best climber in the world. He’s won the Tour, he’s won the Giro and now we’re going to work so that he will win the Vuelta,” Leipheimer said. “No one’s going to be able to follow him up the Rabassa and Angliru climbs. He skipped the Tour, so he’s fresh and motivated. I’m here to help him.”

soulspinner
09-04-2008, 04:04 AM
+1 I've always enjoyed watching Levi race.

So he never won the tour, what if he won the Vuelta, bet hed be happy with it. I laugh at these guys who say he doesnt attack in the mountains. You try attacking when you are already at your limit and some 5 percent body fat is riding away from you. It may look easy from the Lazy boy..

93legendti
09-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Another good day for......

Climb01742
09-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Another good day for......

will be interesting to see how astana plays this. if both riders are strong, will the guy who has many years left, be the unselfish teammate for the guy who doesn't have many years left on his grand tour clock?

dauwhe
09-07-2008, 12:42 PM
will be interesting to see how astana plays this. if both riders are strong, will the guy who has many years left, be the unselfish teammate for the guy who doesn't have many years left on his grand tour clock?

If I ran Astana, there's one guy I want to keep happy.

Remaining mountains should render this moot...

Dave

93legendti
09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
If LL can follow up AC up the Angliru, the TT could decide the issue. That said, LL has said Contador is the team captain and he is working for Contador.

93legendti
09-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Leipheimer affirmed that he is still working for his team-mate Contador. "I just have to follow everyone right now as I am ahead in the classification, but in the end, Alberto will be the captain. The final climb yesterday and the final climb today were not so hard. They are not steep and that big time differences can't be made. Although I've never seen the Angliru, I am convinced that the mountains in Asturias are another story…

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008//vuelta08/?id=results/vuelta088