PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk politics.....

William
09-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Let’s talk politics….

For the longest time we’ve had only two parties to vote for. Occasionally a third party would come along that would give us hope that the big two might eventually come around and represent what we all really wanted. Up until now it has either been the status-quo, or change for the sake of change….with some useable improvements along the way.

But now we have a valid third party candidate that is really threatening to shake up the big two and make them take notice. How many of you think you could, or already have voted for this upstart candidate???

Can you shake your concrete political leanings and consider another that is proving to be quite effective? Have you…could you…would you….could you vote for SRAM?

Just askin’

William :D

BBB
09-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Maybe the title of this thread could be, "Tonight, I am darn proud to be a consumer..."...???

Climb01742
09-02-2008, 06:52 AM
i wonder if a third party could work if it didn't try, at least initially, to be a big third party. in congress, especially in the senate, a few swing votes -- voting as block -- could wield some interesting power.

personally, i'd be interested in a "green" party. or a true "centrist" party, not beholden to the extreme wings of left or right.

the web could make organizing a new party more viable. but it would be a tough row to hoe. entrenched power doesn't loose its grip easily.

johnnymossville
09-02-2008, 07:07 AM
I'm ready to back the Rival for 2009 and have already sent a donation to the SRAM action committee. Of course I'm only interested in what it can do for me. :p

dekindy
09-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Let's not. :no:

Viper
09-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Quint
Brody
Hooper

:beer:

William
09-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Quint
Brody
Hooper

:beer:

Yeah, but in the end....the liberals and independents survived that thrashing election. ;)

William :beer:

Ahneida Ride
09-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Right now, My Candidate, Mr. Ocampy, delivers what he declares and is on the Record. He is a big wheel and is bearing in the right direction.
If he keeps pedaling his a** around town, I am sure he will be reinstalled.

However, he could shift to the right or left. In that case, I would
consider another chorus that would not derail so easily.

I refused to be chained to a specific group. Give me a break !

I would not steer you wrong.

If you reply, please avoid the spin and hot air, very tiring.

Bruce K
09-02-2008, 07:50 AM
AR;

I think you could be in for a long grind.

It takes a more than a solo effort to reach the summit. Having strong lieutenants is a big plus.

You don't want to get derailed along the way.

BK

William
09-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Right now, My Candidate, Mr. Ocampy, delivers what he declares and is on the Record. He is a big wheel and is bearing in the right direction.
If he keeps pedaling his a** around town, I am sure he will be reinstalled.

However, he could shift to the right or left. In that case, I would
consider another chorus that would not derail so easily.

I refused to be chained to a specific group. Give me a break !

I would not steer you wrong.

If you reply, please avoid the spin and hot air, very tiring.

I’ve heard that Mr. Ocampy will jump many positions if you push him just right. He’ll need to shed that high maintenance image and his staunch support for small handed people if he wants my vote.

William

Russell
09-02-2008, 09:08 AM
I am an antichrist
I am an anarchist
Dont know what I want but
I know how to get it

jhcakilmer
09-02-2008, 10:58 AM
I would really like a legitimate third or fourth part, to jump into the mix. Why not?

Unfortunately we haven't seen one yet. And the last two elections were manipulated by an attention seeking, myopic third party candidate not really in touch with the people he wanted to represent, and single handedly gave us the joker we've had for the past 8 years.

Personally, I think he was on Karl Rove's pay roll! Who I think is lucifer's son, but also a genius!!

Blue Jays
09-02-2008, 11:27 AM
William introduced humor and levity, folks!
Relax for a moment and share a laugh!

Bruce K
09-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Precisely !!! :d

Bk

Charles M
09-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Look no further than the fact that both the long standing parties have made major policy changes that make them not only look like the third party, but "feel" like it too.

Sure one of the Old Guard have changed their stripes a bit, but it's not difficult to see that they and the people on the other side of the isle have both recognized that the time has come to give the people more control...

Once a century someone comes that can not only appeal to a few on the fringe of society but be so revolutionary that the establishment are forced to make the leap.

slowgoing
09-02-2008, 11:43 AM
could you vote for SRAM?

no

Blue Jays
09-02-2008, 11:51 AM
I've voted differently for Campagnolo, Shimano, & SRAM in this year alone.
Sometimes even two or three times on the same day!

Ahneida Ride
09-02-2008, 02:25 PM
and their is the race issue ...

It's the second leg of the TDF.

Do you install Silver or Black components? ;)

William
09-03-2008, 05:13 AM
McCampy & Phil Wood

Or

Oshimano & JB (Joe Bell)

High mantenance and smooth looks

Or

Precision and attention to detail

SRAM = The Red party (though no comrades found here).

Things will start winding up soon..... :banana:

William

Ray
09-03-2008, 05:50 AM
Never been a strict party-line guy in politics or bike parts. But I'm kind of centrist and stuck in the past on both. I have a mix of parts, but I'm still stuck on 9-speed Shimano for the basic drivetrain components because of the road / mountain mix and match-ability of them. I've voted Campy in the past and found it awesome but limited (kind of like Libertarian) but don't see myself going to SRAM anytime soon. I'm sure its great stuff, but all of the new stuff is wicked expensive and not 9-speed compatible anyway.

-Ray

BumbleBeeDave
09-03-2008, 06:42 AM
. . . to vote for the Full Speed America party if they could field a viable complete ticket. They have a long history of primarily being cranks, but lately they have made significant brakes with the past and shown a willingness to give us the wheel thing in increasing quantities. But they are still just a bit too shiftless to get my vote. I have heard, though, that may change soon and they could be shifting for themselves quite nicely very soon! :beer:

BBD

Viper
09-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah, but in the end....the liberals and independents survived that thrashing election. ;)

William :beer:

Quint = Republican
Brody = Democrat
Hooper = Wants gay marriage between sharks legalized

BumbleBeeDave
09-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Quint = Republican
Brody = Democrat
Hooper = Wants gay marriage between sharks legalized

. . . pretty fishy to me! :rolleyes:

BBD

William
09-03-2008, 08:59 AM
. . . pretty fishy to me! :rolleyes:

BBD

Break it up will ya', BBDave! Daylight's wastin'.

Come on Viper, this isn't no boy scout picnic. See ya' got ya' rubbers! :D

William

Ahneida Ride
09-03-2008, 10:24 AM
All I know is that, either Crampy or ChitManNo will be on the Podium.
and their components will become even more and more proprietary.

More speeds too, (it's party time!) as the chain becomes perilously thin.

Scram does not stand a chance. :crap:

but that could change