PDA

View Full Version : Cards Fans: Become one with your pain...

Louis
10-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Game 4 update:

Well, the game's not over yet, but the Series might as well be.

Earlier in the series I would turn off the radio to avoid the pain, but I'm now used to it. Although it is now going from bad to worse, I no longer have to turn the radio off. I'm numb and the pain is simply a part of St Louis existence.

It's just like the pain at the end of a long, long, ride. You don't stop pedaling, you just live with the pain.

Louis

terry
10-28-2004, 06:43 AM
boy does that sound good. as a life-long red sox & baseball fan i never thought i'd hear those words. louis, i can sympathize with you-i lived thru the '67 loss to the cards, the '75 loss to the reds & of course the pain of '86 and i know how you feel. i honestly feel bad for the cards-they're a very likeable team (as opposed to the yankees)-with a great bunch of hitters-they just didn't show up for this series. maybe it's true-good pitching beats good hitting every time, but this was a puzzler. how do you win 105 games, beat the dodgers & 'stros and then look so incapable of mounting any kind of rally-just stunning. well louis, as they USED to say in beantown-wait till next year.

dirtdigger88
10-28-2004, 08:29 AM
The better team won the series, thats for sure!! Congrats- Sox fan! Enjoy the victory- after all they only come along once every 100 years or so :p

Jason

Len J
10-28-2004, 08:33 AM
The better team won the series, thats for sure!! Congrats- Sox fan! Enjoy the victory- after all they only come along once every 100 years or so :p

Jason

From the NY Post.

LOL

dirtdigger88
10-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Driving into work this morning, I was listening to the local radio station. Sports comes on, all the guy can say is "Card lose, Rams are off, and last week the Rams lost to Miami" :crap: Did I mention that it is still rainy here.

Jason