PDA

View Full Version : Cervelo Starting a Team.

johnnymossville
08-28-2008, 10:00 AM
with ties to Zipp/Speedplay/etc,... Pretty interesting time of year with moves for next year starting to happen. I wonder if they'll be using SRAM stuff.

Charles M
08-28-2008, 11:16 AM
All I know is I wouldn't mind hot rolling an R3SL with Zipp 303 front and 404 rear on Corsa KS tubulars, 3T's new oldschool bend bars and their stem and straigh post wrapped up in a Red Group.

Of course I would need an almost 2 pound piece of tungsten bonded to the bottom of the BB to be UCI legal...

I like that cycling companies are stepping to the front a little more, but would be very suprised if this team doesn't attract a major corp sponsor...

The big question.

Will this be a stand up, top teir team that has an anti doping program like Garmin, Columbia and others, or will they be one of the level two shops like LPR / Saunier Duval / Ag2R that become a hiding place for dopers.

johnnymossville
08-28-2008, 11:25 AM
...3T's new oldschool bend bars and their stem and straight post ....

I just ordered those parts a few days ago for a build I'm working on.

From the press release I guess cervelo is taking the Garmin/Chipotle approach and stressing clean riding rather than strictly results. They must have had Garmin in mind saying that.

c-record
08-31-2008, 12:17 PM
With Sram owning Zipp, I'd think Sram Red on the bikes

soulspinner
09-01-2008, 07:59 AM
OK, but why are the dropping CSC now?

happycampyer
09-01-2008, 11:19 AM
OK, but why are the dropping CSC now?I'm not so sure that it was entirely their idea. I had heard a rumor a couple of months ago that Specialized was going to be the new bike sponsor for CSC. Now the rumors are that Trek and Specialized are both lobbying for the sponsorship. There's a lot of $$$ the big companies are willing to throw at the best team in the peleton...

c-record
09-02-2008, 09:40 AM
More money than what Cervelo can pay. The SBI deal sounded like a lot more money as well as bikes.