PDA

View Full Version : Excellight wheel with generator hub

SamIAm
08-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know a wheel builder that can source an Ambrosio Excellight rim and build it up around the SON 20 hub?

Thanks in advance.

mschol17
08-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Rob, I'd bet Mike Barry can.

R2D2
08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Peter White

SamIAm
08-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Mike Barry is where I got my first set from, on the Mariposa. The bike was built for a flashlight mount, but I have decided to use the SON generator. Of course I want the wheels to match, hence the question.

I hate to bother Mike with this, but he may at least be able to help on sourcing the rims.

I will send him a e-mail.

Ligero
08-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Ital Techno is the only company that still imports Ambrosio rims in the US and that is who I order Excellites from when I needed them. I checked and they only have 36h in stock but you may want to call them and find out when there next order is coming in if you need a different hole count.

CNY rider
08-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know a wheel builder that can source an Ambrosio Excellight rim and build it up around the SON 20 hub?

Thanks in advance.

Have to remember to keep my garage locked at night from now on...... :banana:

taz-t
08-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Rob - Have you tried Kovachi Wheels? I don't know if they can source the rim, but John should be able to build a bulletproof wheel for you.

They're local (Marietta) so might be more convienient/quicker if he can get the rim.

- Taz

SamIAm
08-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Rob - Have you tried Kovachi Wheels? I don't know if they can source the rim, but John should be able to build a bulletproof wheel for you.

They're local (Marietta) so might be more convienient/quicker if he can get the rim.

- Taz

The rim does seem to be the hard part. I have used Kovachi in the past and he builds excellent wheels. Have you seen the number of wheelchair wheels that guy builds!?

I have asked Mike to see if he can source the rim.