PDA

View Full Version : Giant gets Rabobank, Scott drops Beef

Charles M
08-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Giant will take Rabobank (where to for Colnago?) and...

Sun Valley, ID, August 26, 2008 — SCOTT Bicycles announced today that it will discontinue the sponsorship of the SCOTT-American Beef cycling team for the 2009 season.

“SCOTT has been a partner with Mauro Gianetti’s team since the beginning in 2004. In all the past years the team could celebrate some remarkable victories. We would like to thank the team for the cooperation in the past years and we wish the team and new sponsors all the best for the future.”
Pascal Ducrot VP Scott Sports SA

EDS
08-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Giant will take Rabobank (where to for Colnago?) and...

Sun Valley, ID, August 26, 2008 — SCOTT Bicycles announced today that it will discontinue the sponsorship of the SCOTT-American Beef cycling team for the 2009 season.

“SCOTT has been a partner with Mauro Gianetti’s team since the beginning in 2004. In all the past years the team could celebrate some remarkable victories. We would like to thank the team for the cooperation in the past years and we wish the team and new sponsors all the best for the future.”
Pascal Ducrot VP Scott Sports SA

Will Team Columbia still be on Giant next year?

Bill Bove
08-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Will Team Columbia still be on Giant next year?

Will Sloan come out of her coma?
Will Marsha learn that Greg is her baby's father?

The nexus of sport and soap opera, man I love pro cycling :banana:

Saxo Bank won't be on Cervelo's next year, Specialized is reportedly in the forefront of a bidding war with Trek for the spot. Domesticly Rock Racing is most likely going to be on Fuji's next season.

Fixed
08-27-2008, 02:30 PM
bro most of you cats will be riding better frames than the pros imho
but most of you cats don't need 10 bikes a year
cheers :beer:

johnnymossville
08-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Scott probably saw that Nasty looking American Beef Logo next to their logo on the jerseys and said,.. No Mas!

false_Aest
08-27-2008, 03:00 PM
bovine antibodies and steroids = detectable by UCI standards.

1centaur
08-27-2008, 05:56 PM
From a branding standpoint, the phrase "Scott-American Beef" is a disaster. It's easy to remember and hard to forget, a couplet that will stick in people's minds. It has no associations with the image a high end road bike company wants to project: it's not light, cool, techy, international, or healthy. Best to run away very quickly and hope the name does not linger.

TMB
08-27-2008, 06:11 PM
bro most of you cats will be riding better frames than the pros imho
but most of you cats don't need 10 bikes a year
cheers :beer:

Truer words and all............

wasfast
08-27-2008, 06:25 PM
I have zero direct knowledge but Giant is plenty big enough to sponsor more than one team. Colnago has been sponsoring multiple teams for some years.

CNY rider
08-27-2008, 06:38 PM
From a branding standpoint, the phrase "Scott-American Beef" is a disaster. It's easy to remember and hard to forget, a couplet that will stick in people's minds. It has no associations with the image a high end road bike company wants to project: it's not light, cool, techy, international, or healthy. Best to run away very quickly and hope the name does not linger.

Maybe Serotta will sponsor them next year and put "Ben's Beef" on the downtube. :beer:

pdxmech13
08-28-2008, 09:59 AM
It's been reported Quick Step will ride Colnago''s.
Trek will continue w/Astana.

And Parlee........ :D

Z3c
08-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Columbia=Parlee.. Just my intuition and some randomn tidbits of info.

LegendRider
08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Columbia=Parlee.. Just my intuition and some randomn tidbits of info.

I've heard rumors about big sponsorship news from Parlee. However, I read somewhere they make 350 frames (give or take) a year. It's hard to imagine they could do custom road and TT for Team Columbia. Maybe, they'll be on a Taiwanese-made Parlee.

rnhood
08-28-2008, 01:14 PM
That would probably be a good thing, because I'm not sure there is a better carbon bike out there than the Taiwan built Z4.

torquer
08-28-2008, 01:37 PM
That would probably be a good thing, because I'm not sure there is a better carbon bike out there than the Taiwan built Z4.
Word!
If I were Ciolek (which I'm not, on so many levels), I'd stick with Columbia just on the basis of this rumor, instead of jumping ship to go with Milram. After all, what do they have to offer, some old guy named Zabel for lead-outs and some old school paint-schemed Colnagos (made who knows where)?

BdaGhisallo
08-28-2008, 01:57 PM
The latest rumor has Milram on Focus frames next year. Old Ernesto will be losing two of his big teams. I hope he gets Quickstep as has been rumored. It'll be nice to see Boonen and Bettini on real bikes (ie traditional looking) rather than those god-awful looking Specialized things!

Charles M
08-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Ernie's loosing three teams...

Tinkof (becomming Katusha) will now be on Ridley.