dauwhe
08-25-2008, 10:21 AM
From the local Greenfield newspaper:

http://www.recorder.com/story.cfm?id_no=5266661

Cool!

(just another) Dave

CNY rider
08-25-2008, 11:27 AM
The reporter guy was hanging out by the final check-in when I got there.
He came up and asked me how it was; I sort of mumbled something as my brain was feeling fried at the time and nothing intelligent was forthcoming.

He didn't ask me anything else because I obviously wasn't going to be quote-worthy!

shoe
08-25-2008, 11:41 AM
hey dave - were you there--i was looking for you but didn't see you around..or maybe since this is your backyard now you didn't want to ruin your pristine views with all those darn cyclists..hope you've been well...was a great ride and a beautiful day..saw bb dave early on .. wondering how he liked the course since it was his first run of it...everyone seemed to be in good spirits so that was good to see...built the kirk back up 2 days before and held it's own once again just fine....dave

dauwhe
08-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Sorry I missed you guys. I had to go to a memorial service at 2PM, so I did the 100k starting at 6:30 PM, and so had the roads to myself all day!

Came back to the festival at around 5PM (with the baby!), and chatted with Don P. (the organizer) and jbay and Pamela, but didn't see anyone else.

What a beautiful day it was!

Dave

Bittersweet
09-01-2008, 07:24 AM
A little mis-quoted but he is right that last year's 170k was the "hardest ride I've ever done..". The 100k is a great ride and this year's event was superb. The reporter corralled dave and me for about 15 minutes.