PDA

View Full Version : Lemond RevMaster any good?

gwk
01-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Curious if anybody has any experince with the Lemond RevMaster. www.lemondfitness.com Any comments apprecitated. Thanks! George

EdK
01-08-2004, 05:54 PM
The best spin bike made, period! I have ridden them all in different spin classes. These are nearly silent and smooth.

Wood
01-08-2004, 06:06 PM
You can have the guys at Powercranks set the Revmaster up with the powercranks as well.

D2

eddief
01-08-2004, 06:19 PM
I just corresponded with another biker who wondered about the best. He wanted motivational electronics. The newest Ergo Racer appears to be a great spin bike and includes fairly comprehensive electronics. I like mine, an older model, a lot. Contact World Cycles or Ketter USA in Virginia Beach, VA.

Sandy
01-08-2004, 06:27 PM
As it is cold in the Maryland area, I started doing spin classes, and, unlike many other outdoor cyclists, I really enjoy them. Yesterday I did a double class on the Lemond Revmaster. I did a few classes on them a few weeks ago when the weather was cold.

The 25 bikes at the club that I belong to are all the Revmaster, being installed sometime this past cycling season. They are adjustible in many ways. You can adjust seat height and fore and aft position, but you cannot adjust the tilt of the seat. The handlebars are adjustible to height and may be moved closer or further away. The bike has toe clips and clipless pedals (SPD I think-I have use Look pedals, so I use the toe clips).

The bike pedals in a very quiet and smooth manner. The work load is changed via a dial that is rotated clockwise to make it more difficult and counterclockwise to make it easier. I am able to adjust the bike to be quite comfortble for me and enjoy the pedal motion on or off of the saddle, especially the smoothness of the pedal stroke. As I said, I did a double session yesterday and did find a substantial difference in the 2 bikes I used, relative to the resistance level. The first bike seemed more like the other few that I used a few weeks ago, but the second seemed to increase the resistance much quicker, once a certain point was reached. I do like the bikes, but I wonder at how well they will hold up, over extended useage. One of the bikes a few weeks ago did not pedal quite as smoothly as the others, and I saw a water bottle cage simply break off yesterday, when a user was trying to bend the cage a little in order to put in a large diameter water bottle. I hope this helps some. If you want, I will be glad to talk to you over the phone or via e-mail about it.

Seen Spinning Still Serotta Sandy

kenth
01-08-2004, 07:27 PM
I bought a Revmaster used on Ebay last summer, and it's great. I never liked riding a regular plug-your-bike-in stationary trainer - can't really jump out of the saddle, push it hard left to right, etc. The Revmaster is rock solid.

kelmeboyAZ
01-09-2004, 12:15 PM
I've had it about a year and love this machine. As adjustable as a Serotta fitting cycle. Super smooth and totally quiet. I put an SI Prolink Trans Am Gel saddle on it, and equipped it with some Speedplay X-3's. Only drawback is no electronics available- distance, cadence, etc. Very durable, beautiful looking.

jerk
01-09-2004, 01:21 PM
it's the best. the jerk has nothing negative to say about it.