PDA

View Full Version : Big Guy Meivici in Serotta Garage

Ahneida Ride
08-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Check out the Garage .... Nice red and black Big Frame Meivici ! ;)

I demoed one last week at the factory. Amazing bike.

Why can I create frns outa thin air?

Smiley
08-24-2008, 03:24 PM
surprised you did not steal it too

jhcakilmer
08-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I saw that earlier. Are the measurements correct...... 56 TT on a 63 frame?? That seems like odd dimensions, especially considering that the other Meivici listed is a 56 w/ 56.8 TT.

Ahneida Ride
08-24-2008, 06:05 PM
surprised you did not steal it too

My Koodies all over you NEW Kelly Bedford !

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ahneida Ride
08-24-2008, 06:08 PM
BRAND NEW Meivici SE with F3 Carbon Fork. $5,995. 2008 MSRP $8,395 (not including the Inferno paint up charge.) Inferno paint scheme with Competition Red and Silver paint. Painted on Serotta logos with Carbon outline. Nominal frame size: 63cm with 8 degrees of TT slope. Actual Seat Tube Length 59 cm “Horizontal” Top Tube Length 56 cm, Seat Tube Angle 73deg, Head Tube Extension none, Head Tube Length 24.7 cm, Head Tube Angle 72.5deg, Head Tube Diameter 1 1/8”, Chainstay Length 42 cm. Fork: F3 with Inferno paint scheme, F3 model decals. Rake 43mm. MeiVici's unsurpassed ride quality and handling dynamics are the result of nearly a decade of designing, testing and redesigning our multi-modulus lug (MML) construction. Carbon fiber and frame are completely handcrafted in the USA.

What effect does the slopping Top Tube have ?

Sandy
08-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Clearly the bike must have been produced for someone and the transaction did not go through. As stated, a 56 "horizontal" tt on a 63 cm bike is very short, and certainly atypical of a "normal" build. I would think that it will be quite difficult to sell that frameset as it is a large bike with a significantly short tt (for that bike). It would fit very few riders.

Trying to get fit,

Sandy

Ahneida Ride
08-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Clearly the bike must have been produced for someone and the transaction did not go through. As stated, a 56 "horizontal" tt on a 63 cm bike is very short, and certainly atypical of a "normal" build. I would think that it will be quite difficult to sell that frameset as it is a large bike with a significantly short tt (for that bike). It would fit very few riders.

Trying to get fit,

Sandy

Does the slope make the TT effectively longer ?
I just do no know.

Kirk007
08-24-2008, 07:29 PM
no. As I read the description it is effective length; i.e. what it would be if level. Look at the head tube length as well. This was built for someone with (a) short torso & arms compared to leg length or (b) limited flexibility or (c) who wanted a very upright position. I ride about a 64 cm bike measured traditionally, but have a relatively short torso and not as flexible as I used to be. Even I would need about a 15-16 cm stem on this bike. Probably would have no need for spacers under it though!

6k for a bike built for someone else? That's too rich of a cost/value ratio for my blood even if it was built for me.

rnhood
08-24-2008, 07:45 PM
A 63cm frame will typically have an effective top tube of 60-61 or so. This particular one is a little off beat. I wish Serotta would provide more info on these garage frames. They espouse the value of building a bike custom for an individual and, one would think they would provide plenty of detail on the frames here, since they appear to be custom.

jhcakilmer
08-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah, that TT is crazy short. It might work for a tall female, since they tend to have longer legs and shorter torso. I'm 6'3", and my sister is 6', but her inseam is over 2" longer than mine......so this this might actually be perfect for her.

Now I just need to convince her to sell her car.

Brian Smith
08-24-2008, 07:58 PM

Smiley
08-24-2008, 09:03 PM
My Koodies all over you NEW Kelly Bedford !

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

No Soup for U :banana:

rpm
08-24-2008, 09:11 PM
That's very similar to the copper CDA that I recently acquired from the garage and have posted in the gallery section. Maybe the same guy ordered both frames!

Yes, there certainly are people who fit those dimensions. I'm one of them--just 6 ft tall, but with an 84 cm saddle (to the bracket saddle height).

H1449-6
08-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Maybe Pee Wee Herman is looking for a new ride?

Elefantino
08-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Maybe it's just a tall guy with short arms.

mikki
08-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Clearly the bike must have been produced for someone and the transaction did not go through..."

Sandy

Peaks my curiousity. How could this happen? Don't you have to pay upfront BEFORE the bike is built?