PDA

View Full Version : Age of Legend Ti Serial# TI5000472

austex
08-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Having been told by Serotta that this was the 472nd Legend built, they could not give me more than an approximate date, '92-'94. Anyone else out there with similar range number can verify date? Is there an informal registry somewhere else on the net, maybe?

Thx.

Pete Serotta
08-23-2008, 06:06 AM
That is probably as close as you are going to come. Back then they were built and sold to shops so it could have even been in a shop for some time.. What type of fork does it have on it...that is another indicator (if it is an original fork it is either a Kestrel or aluminum.).

jdoiv
08-23-2008, 08:40 AM
I've got a TI Legend I bought in 1994. My serial number is TI58SL00389. So it looks like mine is a little bit older than yours. I bought mine in the late summer early fall of '94. Not sure how long it had been with the dealer though.

Thread drift: Anyone know where to find the serial number on a Bontrager OR Lite from the early '90's? I looked at the bottom of the bb shell and didn't see it. It's powdercoated black and a little dirty. KP, didn't you work on these? I ordered the bike directly from Bontrager in '92 I think.

austex
08-23-2008, 09:31 PM
.... What type of fork does it have on it...that is another indicator (if it is an original fork it is either a Kestrel or aluminum.).

Thanks, Pete. Fork is Kestrel EMS, threaded steel steerer.

Is the seatpost pinch another clue? Mine has welded-on ears. I am told that at some point near there, change was made to separate clamp.

Tom

dvs cycles
08-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Purchased mine in January, 1995.
Found the inspection tag that came with it in my box of bike stuff.
#TI-57L-1049 dated 1/10/95 and signed by David ( the lastname is kinda jumbled) Wagner or something close.
The wife gave me permission for my XMAS '94 to order the frame,
Ordered it 12/26/94. Originally we put a Time carbon threaded fork on but now has a Reynolds Ouzo Pro. Still using the machined Ti seatpost clamp though my dealer gave me an aluminum one , that I haven't had to use yet, because the Ti ones were having problems. Just turned 88,000 miles on it.

Pete Serotta
08-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Mine had a aluminum and later updated kestrel - it was around 93......I recall it was the first year for Mavic Zap and it was used in catalog. Sorry I can not be more specific. PETE

billyb
08-25-2008, 02:20 AM
a Colorado TI, number TI-56L-952, told by the shop i bought it off it was early 96.
Was brought to NZ and used in antarctica by a guy from the US and sold in NZ.
He is probably on these boards somewhere.....
Sweet bike.... :)