PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a,...

johnnymossville
08-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Scott CR-1 Framed bike here?

Opinions?

happycampyer
08-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I just sold my CR1-SL. I was up to 8 road bikes and it wasn't getting ridden enough to justify holding onto. It's a light, stiff bike, and has pretty aggressive geo, very quick handling. If I were 20 years younger, I think that I would have liked it a lot more. If you were planning to use it for crit racing, I'd say it's a good choice. Not the best choice for a century IMO... If you buy one used, you can get one with full DA and nice wheels for less than $3K...

bagochips3
08-24-2008, 12:41 AM
My brother has one. I'm impressed by it; smooth, plenty stiff, handles great, climbs well. I need a more upright position than the bike offers, but otherwise it's a good bike.

old & ugly
08-24-2008, 05:55 AM
I bought one to ride in the North Georgia mountains, only did it for last summer and now have it back here in Florida. It's a numble bike, secure on close to 40mph down hills and climbed right back up.
But back here I prefer Ti or steel, so I put it on consignment for this summer ($2400 w Chorus carbon ) and it didn't sell.
Never liked the yellow fork and headtube/top tube design so in a few weeks I'm thinking of painting over the yellow with a white.
Won't change the ride but for weekday 30mi rides I'll like it better !!