PDA

View Full Version : Serotta and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

Ahneida Ride
08-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Yesterday I stopped off at the Factory and Russ was so kind to as to let me
me demo a Meivici. She was a 62 (kinda small for me) and had red tinted tubes and painted lugs. Tubes/fork were an 8.5 but the chain stays were the stiffest available. Group was Chorus and she was equipped with Krysilliun wheels.

Visually this bike resembles a lugged steel frame. There are not strong
external cues to signify that this is a carbon frame.

I hopped over to the Saratoga State Park and did an easy 10 miles.
I was reluctant to take some one else's bike on an extended road trip.

Ok ... the ride report .... After about 45 minutes it finally occurred to me that this was a Carbon frame. I really never would have know. She had plenty of feed back, just like my Legend. It was like riding a magic carpet without the carpet. The bike almost disappears in a good way. On the flats she almost pedals herself.

Now if the Legend glides and the Ottrott floats, the Mevici "gloats" to overtly plagiarize the words of another phorumite. I am not a carbon convert, so I am astonished that a carbon frame can ride so well. Ben definitely installed some magical pixy dust in his tubes. I am still in awe. :eek: The frame resonated with a generous dose of positive metallic feedback.

The Legend/Ottrott/Mevici are all equally great frames. Which is superior is totally personal preference. When ya enter Ben & Jerry's, do you lust for Honey Vanilla, Chocolate chip coffee mint, or Rocky Road Rainforest Crunch?

The Mevici should come with a warning tag attached. "Don't demo this bike,
you just might end up buying one."

Boy, sure do wish I had some extra frns laying around. ;)

Charles M
08-21-2008, 12:34 PM
:)

Good bike makers are good...

It never suprises me when someone is happy with their Serotta (or unhappy with not having one after riding).

The company has just done what a lot of others have not.

Instead of making excuses as to why they don't offer something and or creating slogans about a material they're familiar with so they don't have to move on, Serotta recognized the advantages of new materials and made use of them.

Steel, Ti, Carb...

What you don't see em doing is much rushing.

Good for em.

dauwhe
08-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Mmmm. Ice Cream!

Dave

Fixed
08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
it's in the tubes damn it
cheers imho

Pete Serotta
08-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Aneida, you will have more frms tomorrow :D :D

SoCalSteve
08-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Aneida, you will have more frms tomorrow :D :D

Will I as well?

Just askin'

Steve

Pete Serotta
08-21-2008, 06:16 PM
They are worth less tomorrow so you have more of them for the same value....Anieda and I worked this out over RED at the RAMBLE :beer:

Will I as well?

Just askin'

Steve

SoCalSteve
08-21-2008, 07:01 PM
They are worth less tomorrow so you have more of them for the same value....Anieda and I worked this out over RED at the RAMBLE :beer:

With all due respect, not sure anything truly gets worked out "over RED"...I mean, it may get worked out (until you sober up).

Just sayin'

Steve