PDA

View Full Version : couer d'acier

gregrams
08-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Just a few questions:

I have decided to go with the CAD SE. I see it is offering three different paint options on the web site. Do options 2 and 3 cost more?

Now let us assume that they do. I will want to go with a solid paint job, a Shimano Dura Ace components, FSA compact bars with an appropriate stem, Mavic Kyserium SL wheels. Vitoria tires with appropriate tubes. A carbon seat post (lets say an Easton) and the Selle SMP strike glide saddle.

How much am I looking at? :p

Pete Serotta
08-20-2008, 06:42 PM
You will enjoy the CDA....When I was up at Serotta last week, Ben was test riding one with some new ZIPP on it.

As to paint options "2" and "3" cost more - your dealer will have to tell you the price. (I truly do not know).

In regard to components, the dealer normally buys the "build group" from Quality or Security. Depending on his labor charge and cost of components the final cost is only known by him.

If you would like to see what the "list" price is for a part go to Colorado cyclist. Also you can build your own group on Competitive Cyclist or Colorado Cyclist - Dealer charge to you should be close to that. (You would then have to add the labor charge for assembly)

Let us know what you finalize on....PETE

gregrams
08-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks Pete,
I most likely will be dealing with Signature Cycles since they are where I live. (orange County, NY) :beer:

jrmerson
08-20-2008, 11:05 PM
To answer the question, Less than a boat. Having owned both the CDA is much better. :banana:

Pete Serotta
08-21-2008, 05:53 AM
They are very good to deal with.

Another choice is naturally CYCLESPORT in ParkRidge NJ (Cyclesport and Signature are 2nd to none....)
:cool: :cool:

Thanks Pete,
I most likely will be dealing with Signature Cycles since they are where I live. (orange County, NY) :beer:

soulspinner
08-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Click paint program on the right. On the right a column appears with pricing. Its spelled out pretty well there.