PDA

View Full Version : OT topic need some realtor help

dsimon
08-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Any one here with real estate law or a Realtor i need to make a complaint about a Realtor. thanks in advance

konstantkarma
08-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Get in line. I have a few I'd like to report to someone.

Steevo
08-20-2008, 06:28 AM
Get in line indeed.

Never spent so much on so little as I did with a realtor when I sold my house in 2005. It was unbelievable. Its scary to see that she's still one of the most successful realtors in the area. She talks a great game while getting the listing.

Ads for open houses sent people to the wrong address. She dismissed potential buyers in favor of others sent by a favored colleague. Ultimately, my wife wound up calling a realtor representing an interested prospective buyer. They wound up buying the house. Our realtor got 2.5% for doing less than nothing.

You gotta be careful when signing over your listing.

dsimon
08-20-2008, 06:54 AM
mine is worse than that I rented my house to her thinking oh great a realtor what could go wrong, well 2 months 1500. Dollars and having to sell my csi is what went wrong. i want to try and make an ethics complaint if I can but looking at the ethics packet its very vague I need help transcribing it :bike:

rockdude
08-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Agents and Brokers are regulated by the State they work in. If you have problems with one, contact your State and file the isssue with them.

You may have a hard time with your compliant if she was a renter of yours. In that role, she is not acting as a Agent or Broker working on your behalf. In fact, she would be acting in her on interest and her on behalf. Now, if you had a agreement with her to find a renter for your house and she ended up renting it with out terminating the agreement there could be so gray areas....

If she is working under a Broker sometimes it is good to contact the Broker with your problem. Small claims court may be a better option.

Keep in mind Agent and Broker don't have much money as a whole. The Average Realtor makes something south or $25K a year.. If she didn't pay rent she might be an average realtor with no money. FYI, Top realtors can make $500k or more in a good market but only the very few do this.

Ken Robb
08-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Have you talked with the manager of the brokerage about your complaint? They can often solve problems before thay become BIG DEALS.

Next step would be to the local Board of Realtors, assuming that your agent is a Realtor and not just an agent or broker. Boards have grievance procedures and offer mediation and arbitration services. Realtors are bound by a Code of Ethics that are ar more protective of the public than criminal codes. If you have a complaint that is more about unfairness than illegal activity you are more likely to get satisfaction there than in court.