PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Riv alert Boston area

slugbottle
08-12-2008, 09:03 PM
This is from a post to the NE Randonneur community by Melinda Lyon, who many will know as "la premiere feminine" on Paris-Brest-Paris (more than once) as well as Boston-Montreal-Boston female record holder. Pls give a holler on the forum if you hear of a bike like this for sale in the near future:

Not a good day today. My Riv was stolen from work. I have biked to that job for 22 years and have never had a single thing happen to any bike. Today I went out to the bike rack and it is simply gone. The lock is still there. Maybe I didn't quite latch the lock well this morning upon my soaking wet arrival. I don;t know. They also took my helmet and some really nasty wet gloves that I had left on the rack to dry.
If anyone comes across a similar bike for sale, give me a holler. Most of you know the bike but it is the blue Rambouillet with fenders, Tubus rack, Schmidt front hub and an E6 light.
The only good part is that I was going to replace the very worn cassettte and chain last weekend and didn't get to it. So at least I am not out a $70 cassette.

fiamme red
08-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Good news! :banana:

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20100812two_years_later_womans_stolen_3000_bike_fo und_on_craigslist/srvc=home&position=recent